Plugin/Feature Idea: "AbsoluteSafe" Bungee

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Plugin Development' started by connection_lost, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys,

(Story time skip if you want)
    I am planning on upgrading(?) my server into a two-server bungee-ed one. Before my upgrade, I have already read a lot, lot, lot of threads about people bypassing the bungee and log into the server directly. And right now I came up with an idea that makes hackers impossible to do that again.

(Main part)
    So this thing is made of 2 plugins, a bungee one and a Spigot one. Every Spigot server will be able to setup a secret password, and every Bungee server have to send the secret password to Spigot server upon player joining the server. Since there is no possible way for the player to intercept the password, nobody will be able to join the server directly or through an unauthorized bungee cord.

2. Why not just set up your network so that the MC instances only accept traffic from a local IP and set up bungee to accept the outside traffic, of course that would be assuming this is all run on one box otherwise you could just use this https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/ipwhitelist.61/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.