Plugin learning...

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by CristianoTRS, Jun 13, 2018 at 1:56 PM.

1. Someone tell me where I can pay to learn how to code Bukkit, thanks!

2. no need to use money. just find tutorials on youtube

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Yes but the tutorials are very difficult and I need to learn Step A step u know

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. ^ Ignore what those people have said, that's the worst advice someone could give you.
    First, you'll need to learn Java. Java is the programming language that you will use to create your plugins, I recommend this Udemy course, or this book. Once you have an intermediate knowledge of Java, take a look at the wiki for information on how to get started with plugins, and if you need more in depth detail (you will), then you can use the JavaDocs to look up information about classes, methods, ect.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. If you wait 50 years my memories of plugin development will be available for download into your brain.

Until then, one does not simply "learn bukkit." If the tutorials are too hard you need to backtrack to basic Java tutorials (like Hello World type).

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. First you should learn the Java Basics. There are a lot of good Tutorials on YouTube. This takes maybe 3 until 6 Months. After that you can Start with Bukkit and Spigot.

I've had learned Java for 1.5 Years before I have started with Spigot/BungeeCord. I've used a compiler and JavaDocs for learning and also a friend shows me the structure of Bukkit.

7. Is the spigot wiki too inadequate for you? :confused: There is clearly a crash course page in there with links on how to learn java. :unsure:
    https://www.spigotmc.org/wiki/crash-course-to-java-part-0/

8. Yeah, it's inadequate. Definition of a crash course:
    A crash course is designed to give you a lot of information very quickly, and are not intended to be used as a proper learning resource as they often do not include explanation, only raw facts. The Spigot wiki crash course, is quite good, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone who actually wants to learn Java properly.

Sidenote: Just don't use emojis when trying to argue.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. If you had looked at the page I linked, you would have seen that it contains many links to more thorough tutorials on java. As the OP mentioned, his ultimate goal is to learn how to make Bukkit plugins. The Spigot "crash course" contains all the info/references for anyone who wants to learn from scratch. It is also an in-depth guide on how to start with the basics, and does not necessarily mean it does not include explanations and/or is designed to shove information at you quickly. Now, let me :););):unsure:(y):D:p:giggle::p:cool:;):ROFLMAO:

10. I did look at it. Yes, it links to some good resources on the first page, but the rest of the pages, I'd stay away from.

You can't learn Java in 5 pages of brief descriptions, it shoves information at you quickly.

Are you retarded

EDIT: Also, nice job breaking Spigot's rules by abusing the rating system

#11 DotRar, Jun 13, 2018 at 5:20 PM
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 6:08 PM
    • Funny Funny x 1