Plugin Messaging Channel Issues

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by pogo4545, Jul 13, 2015.

1. For a couple of days now, I have been having issues trying to setup/understand how this works. From the wiki, it says "The channel allows plugins to communicate with the BungeeCord server and the servers connected to it.". By this, does it mean that I can make a BungeeCord plugin connect two ways from a plugin on the bukkit server? So for example I send a generate world packet to the server, it would begin to generate, and send back a generation complete message when its done. If this is possible, how would I execute this?

2. Not very familiar with how sending and receiving custom messages works. I'll bump this thread for you though. :)

3. If you go into the BungeeCordDevelopment thread, there's a stickied post on this.

I believe the messaging channel is for connecting to Bungee through Bukkit, and you are able to receive data, like player count, or send data, like connect to the server.

4. Whoops, didn't notice there was a section for BungeeCord plugin development. Anyways, the thread says that "This thread is for Bukkit plugins communicating with Bungee". Is there at all a way to send data directly from plugin to plugin, or even better, bungeecord to plugin?

Just attempted to use ProxiedPlayer.sendData("BungeeCord", out.toByteArray()); with a listener on a client plugin. Not getting any results.

5. Still can't figure out how to do this. bump

6. Make sure you register the incoming and outcoming "BungeeCord" ports and not "Bungeecord".

7. I have registered the incomming and outcoming ports correctly :p