Plugin sugguestions??

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by zjmonk, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Hi, I just set up my own server(Spigot 1.8.7 and multicraft) intending to play with some of my friends. So far I've installed following plugins:
    1. Essientials+chat
    2. PermissionEX
    3. SlimeFun+some Slime fun addons
    4. mcMMO
    So far everything went well. What I intend to play with my friends is survival game plus some additional fun features. Even though I have installed mcMMO and SlimeFun, which are all very great, I still feel like missing something. So I need some sugguestions, don't know if it's proper to ask here, also I have some questions about plugins:
    1. Any minimap plugins?? I feel like unconvinient without a minimap, but I cannot use mod anymore, how can I get minimaps for users?
    2. Any recipe search plugins?? I've tried Recipe Finder, but it seems not so handy to use, and cannot show recipes of SlimeFun. What I tried to find is something like NEI, easy to use and show the formula.
    3. What plugins are often used with mcMMO? Because I feel like mcMMO is not enough, level up stuff can get boring very quickly. So any plugins can make it more fun??
    Thanks for the help!!

2. Whats the based gamemode of your server? It depends on that of what kind of plugins you will need !

3. latiku

Supporter

Technically, implementing a minimap would be client-side, so it's not possible by plugin standards to have a minimap without client modifications.

4. I intend to play survival game with my friends, but want to add additional fun feature to vanilla minecraft.

5. I do find a server minimap plugin, it's on the server side, but cost a lot resource. But without minimap, wouldn't players feel inconvenient?

6. latiku

Supporter

Just tell your players to run forge with a minimap mod installed, if they don't feel comfortable doing so that's on their behalf.

7. Wait a minute, they can install mod on cilent as well as connect to server?? I didn't know that... I thought Spigot doesn't allow that..

8. what is the theme of your serveR?

9. latiku

Supporter

They don't run Spigot on their PC unless they have a server running under localhost, so it's clientside.

You can install modifications on your client, but if you install a mod that gives you any items, it'll automatically be disabled if you enter a server that doesn't have the mod installed.

Example: I join @K3Feedz's server with the Godzilla mod installed and try crafting a item within the mod, if I successfully craft said item and try importing it to my inventory my client would crash.

#9 latiku, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. latiku

Supporter

He said survival 7+ times

11. tired to load up my page have to post faster

12. So like minimap mod that doesn't create new blocks or items will be fine when connect to server?? I'll test it myself, thanks!!

13. Yes, it's a survival server, but I want to add some fun features to keep players buzy. I currently add mcMMO and SlimeFun, still want some sugguestions from you guys!

14. latiku

Supporter

You're right :)
    Minimaps only add a customized "GUI" that appears in the screen corner, so no blocks are added and you're safe to use it on your Spigot server :)

15. You can use DynMap as a map plugin. Its the only one I know

16. Thanks for the reply. I read about DynMap, but it's not what i want, I just need a ingame minimap. I'll try install client mod to solve this.
    By the way, do you have any suggustions on other plugins to use together with mcMMO that can make my server more fun?