Plugin Testing Framework

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by maxbridgland, Feb 24, 2020.

1. I have been looking around for a way to emulate players from a command and control type center for a bit. I've been unsuccessful so far and I've been wondering if maybe there even is such a thing. Does anybody know if this is a thing?

If not, should I make one? Would you find use in it if I made one that was to wrap the spigot server, GUI, and loader of players/controller into an application for testing plugins on local servers and remote servers? If enough people were interested I'd take the time to do so (using ProtocolLib, the logic wouldn't be hard but the rest would be for me).

Also if you are interested on working on this with me if I do end up making it please let me know!

2. SteelPhoenix

There is MockBukkit, which implements the Bukkit API to allow unit testing without having to start a server.

Sadly it is pretty outdated. I have a personal fork for 1.15 but it is unfinished.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Interesting, if you ever finish it please do share it! I might take a look at it however right now and see what needs updating