Plugin Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Rexcantor64, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Hey everyone,
    I have a premium plugin, but a lot of people are contacting me asking to do a video review.
    Those people didn't buy the plugin, so I'm assuming I'll need to give them the plugin for free.

The problem here is that I don't know what they'll do with the plugin when they review it: use it on their server, leak it, etc....

I know Spigot has that Buyers tab where I can add buyers manually, but I don't see any button to remove buyers (or at least the ones added manually).

However, all this "reviewers" are small youtubers that have near 100-200 subscribers. (Not that my plugin has a lot of downloads, but I'm looking for something more professional)

The bottom line is: should I accept those video reviews?

Looking for an answer ASAP,
    Rexcantor64

2. You could offer them a discount, saying 100-200 subscribers aren't worth 9$. I don't have any experience regarding stuff like this, but that's what I would do (or create a post like this :D).
    Or you could get them to review the plugin on a server hosted by you. They get views if you put that video in your resource post.

3. @Trigary I liked the second idea. I'll give them an FTP account to the configuration folder, so they won't be able to get the plugin but they can configure it as they like.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

4. You can configure a timeout period in the main class where it is like:

Code (Text):
    public void onEnable() {
        // You can get it by doing java.lang.System.out.println(new java.util.Date(year, month, day).getTime());
       // This one is on the first of May, 2017
        if(System.currentTimeMillis() > 61454383200000L) {
            getLogger().log(Level.SEVERE, "Evaluation period has ended!");
            getFile().deleteOnExit();
            getServer().getPluginManager().disablePlugin(this);
            return;
        }
    }

#4 ramidzk, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 2
  5. 'It' is the long.