Plugin working on localhost but not hosted server

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by glasseater84, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Hey everyone,
    So as the title says, I've ran into a slight dilemma with my custom crates plugin. The issue is that it is working perfectly fine on my localhost server but when I upload it to the hosted server it doesn't work. It loads fine, no errors just when I go to create the crate it doesn't work. I have the same plugins on both servers, and I have made sure that the server jar, is the same jar I built with in my project. Does anyone have any ideas on what may be wrong? Thanks in advance!

- Glass

2. You haven't shown us the code or all the plugins on the server, how would you like us to help you then?

3. Check your java version

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. If your plugin does any file reading it may have to do with file encodings, I've run into issues like this in the past.

5. What error is reported? Or does it just fail silently?

6. Are you using ProtocolLib? I've tried to do stuff similar to crates with it.

7. gib me the code b0ss

8. It's mostly because you already have a plugin with the same package name on the actual server trust me.
    Solution: change the package name in the plugin you're adding.
    to make sure remove any plugin that you own from the hosted server then add the new one and it will work.

9. I have had it too. It's because the plugin you made is in java 1.8 (yes 1.8), and so your local server. but it may be that the hosted server isn't on java 1.8. just put your project on a lower java (can be done like you edit build path) and it should work.