Plugins and Spigot Versions

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Xanderpitz, May 13, 2015.

1. So, my developer coded us a beautiful lobby plugin for my server. However, there was one problem he didn't take into account: His version of Spigot did not match the one on the server. This caused some major glitches such as trying to teleport players to 2 spawn points and basically no-clipping and falling into the void.

My question is, how difficult is it to update a plugin to the correct Spigot version?
    Will that require a total recode or simply some minor fixes?

Thanks!

2. Depending on the way he used the Spigot API and what the version difference is. Normally, cross-version plugins shouldn't change too much, unless using really messed up code. First thing you want to check is your console. Most likely your plugin cannot load certain methods properly or has some exceptions related to world loading, causing the void no clipping bug.

3. Well, one of the problems is console won't show any debug info :/. He believed it had something to do with his plugin forcing the player to a designated spawnpoint, while Minecraft tries to place you at the world spawn point at the same time.

4. That can easily be fixed by adding a delayed scheduler that teleports you soon after. It's a hacky way, but does its job.

5. Alright, I'll pass on that info to him and we'll see how it goes. Fingers crossed!

6. All the best to you guys ^_^

7. Depends if he used NMS

8. Wouldn't know what that is myself. Mind elaborating?