Plugins For Donations/Ranks and How-To?

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by FG_, Jul 4, 2015.

1. FG_

FG_

Hello!
    I've recently started a small branch of the VMC network. I have buycraft all setup, but I need help with automatically upgrading ranks, changing colour of names, etc. I was wondering...

What rank plugin I should use? (for a small free-build survival/economy server)

What chat plugin would you recommend? Should be able to have presets for ranks.

What permissions plugin should I use? Should be friendly with the rank and chat plugins.

And finally, how do I hook these up so I have an automated system for buycraft upgrades?

Thank you very much for helping me out, and I'm sure you'll be helping future start-ups.

Cordially,
    -Coin_

2. Gianluca

Gianluca Retired Resource Staff
    Retired Patron

• What rank plugin I should use? (for a small free-build survival/economy server) - PermissionsEx
    • What chat plugin would you recommend? Should be able to have presets for ranks. - EssentialsChat
    • What permissions plugin should I use? Should be friendly with the rank and chat plugins. - PermissionsEx
    • And finally, how do I hook these up so I have an automated system for buycraft upgrades? - Bind the required commands to the "purchase" (or something like that) part on BuyCraft

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. FG_

FG_

Thank you for the reply! Very helpful indeed :D The only version available on Jenkins for EChat is the snapshot version, is this the one I should use?

4. Gianluca

Gianluca Retired Resource Staff
    Retired Patron

Use this one. Also, take note it requires the EssentialsX.jar to run

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Is There Any Updated 1S

6. the latest works for 1.12 without issues since it doesn't require a whole lot

7. group manager is a good choice for ranks