Plugins not working!

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by NinoX, May 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I oppened my server and when ever I add plugin to the server and reload the server plugins that I added don't work!
    I looked at console and this is what I got with LiteBans plguin...

[21:21:01 ERROR]: Could not load 'plugins/LiteBans.jar' in folder 'plugins' org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidDescriptionException: Invalid plugin.yml at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:160) ~[spigot1649.jar:git-PaperSpigot-43] at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:133) [spigot1649.jar:git-PaperSpigot-43] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R4.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:370) [spigot1649.jar:git-PaperSpigot-43] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R4.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:866) [spigot1649.jar:git-PaperSpigot-43] at org.bukkit.Bukkit.reload(Bukkit.java:301) [spigot1649.jar:git-PaperSpigot-43] at org.bukkit.command.defaults.ReloadCommand.execute(ReloadCommand.java:23) [spigot1649.jar:git-PaperSpigot-43] at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:181) [spigot1649.jar:git-PaperSpigot-43] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R4.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:766) [spigot1649.jar:git-PaperSpigot-43] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R4.CraftServer.dispatchServerCommand(CraftServer.java:752) [spigot1649.jar:git-PaperSpigot-43] at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.DedicatedServer.aB(DedicatedServer.java:344) [spigot1649.jar:git-PaperSpigot-43] at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.DedicatedServer.v(DedicatedServer.java:308) [spigot1649.jar:git-PaperSpigot-43] at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.MinecraftServer.u(MinecraftServer.java:638) [spigot1649.jar:git-PaperSpigot-43] at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:544) [spigot1649.jar:git-PaperSpigot-43] at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:628) [spigot1649.jar:git-PaperSpigot-43] Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: plugins/LiteBans.jar (Permission denied) at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_72] at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:219) ~[?:1.8.0_72] at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:149) ~[?:1.8.0_72] at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:166) ~[?:1.8.0_72] at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:130) ~[?:1.8.0_72] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:148) ~[spigot1649.jar:git-PaperSpigot-43] ... 13 more

2. please could you post your plugin.yml?

3. Umm can't find it :/

4. Have you created one in the workspace?

5. My server is hosted on server.pro

[​IMG]

6. Who ever created this plugin has made an error in their plugin.

Your going to have to use another plugin like BanManagement for instances.

7. It's not just with LiteBans, Its with almost all of plugins that I try to use on the server.

8. It looks like the plugin.yml file for LiteBans has an error in it. You can open up the .jar with WinRar or some other archiving program and access the plugin.yml file.

There isn't really any way to tell why your other plugins aren't working with only that one error message you posted. However, I would suspect that a lot of your issues are because of PaperSpigot. From what I've heard, PaperSpigot isn't being supported right now. Give regular Spigot a try and see if that works.

9. electronicboy

IRC Staff

Your file permissions are screwed: java.io.FileNotFoundException: plugins/LiteBans.jar (Permission denied)
    Your server needs to have read access to the files, If you're hosting with a shared hosting company I'd suggest speaking to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.