Populating chunks (1.12 map) in 1.13

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by TheIronMinerLv, Jul 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

I'm not sure if a thread like this has been created before, but I'm interested into "populating" (I dunno if that is the correct term) 1.12 chunks for 1.13. An example - if there are some oceans that were generated in 1.12, a plugin or whatnot would populate them with all the new sea stuff added in 1.13.

Is that in any way possible?

P.S. I'm not talking about "upgrading" world to 1.13 (either singleplayer or start flag method).

2. Buuuump I just want to hear ideas (if it is possible, of course)! :(

3. The chunks would need to be deleted (meaning losing any progress/builds in the chunk) and reloaded again in 1.13, unless the world is a Customized world, then you cannot load the world in 1.13. In 1.13, it does not generate anything in the old "Ocean" biome in 1.12.2 and below.

4. we took our server from 1.12.2 to 1.13 on a test server to see just what we were gonna run into and for the most part anything the wasn't loaded pre 1.13 in the world "populated" with the new updates etc.. some areas even that were already used/built in still updated with sea grass and the like... but it is so laggy in the old chunks that we are to the point we may have to scrap our old world! we had created it only 4 months ago and made a smallish world border knowing that we would update to 1.13. the old 112 chunks are so laggy that you suffer but when generating new chunks it speeds up quite a bit it is a hard decision though a lot of items even that were in our 1.12 world won't work in 1.13 even cooked pork that was generated this is a mess man

5. well the only plugin I know capable of doing this is worldguard + worldedit you just select a region the do command //regen this will regenerate the selected area. You can also try worldborder plugin just trim the map until spawn area then regenerate the whole map. I do not know if the plugins mentioned has an updated version or it will work without problem with 1.13 good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.