Spigot Ports 1.2.0

Ports allows you to define regions which transport players around the world instantly.

1. WiseHollow submitted a new resource:

Ports - Ports allows you to define regions which transport players around the world instantly.

Read more about this resource...

2. The plugin need be restarted with plugman when i start the server

3. WiseHollow updated Ports with a new update entry:

Entire Plugin Rewrite

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. Strangely, I didn't get a notification about this message you posted. Was this resolved with the new version?

5. WiseHollow, great plugin. Really one of a kind right now in the non existent scheduled transportation category. However I'm having an issue with it and was wondering if there was any solution. The plugin worked at first but then i started to have this error:

INFO]: [Ports] Enabled Ports v1.0.0
    INFO]: [Ports] Successfully bound to WorldEdit!
    ERROR]: [Ports] Error loading world upon loading Port: myPortalName1
    ERROR]: [Ports] Error loading world upon loading Port: myPortalName2
    ERROR]: [Ports] Error loading world upon loading Port: myPortalName3
    ERROR]: [Ports] Error loading world upon loading Port connection: myPortalName1
    ERROR]: [Ports] Error loading world upon loading Port connection: myPortalName2
    ERROR]: [Ports] Error loading world upon loading Port connection: myPortalName3
    INFO]: [Ports] Successfully registered events and commands.
    INFO]: [Ports] Ports is now enabled!

I am using
    spigot-1.12.2

Also, a suggestion for the plugin if I may... I believe it would be better to have updates every few seconds while you wait in the teleportation zone leading up to the departure so that there is a better count down till the departure.

thanks again =)

6. Are you using Multiverse for multiple worlds? Seems like Ports is loading before Multiverse and therefore not finding the worlds specified. I updated the plugin and fixed the soft-depend that should be pointing to Multiverse-Core. Let me know if this fixes your problem, and thanks for checking with me. :)

P.S. I'll keep your suggestion about timings into consideration for the next update!

#7 WiseHollow, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  7. Yes, I am using multiverse and thank you for such a quick response.
    the multiverse dependency seems to have fixed my issue and now I get the ports messages again

However, I did find 1 more unexpected behavior.

I have 2 portals in my world that are used as a boat that travels to and from an island and I set them to target each other and to have 1 minute intervals. In one of the directions the portal works fine but in the other direction it teleport me twice.

Whoosh!
    Whoosh!

and then I am back where I started

I assume the scheduling 1 minute timer starts for each portal when the server starts up and they are a tiny fraction of a second apart so that one way i get there slightly after the destination's teleport event and the other way as soon as I arrive I instantly get sent back by the target's teleport event back to my original location.

Maybe something needs to be added to the code to prevent the player from being teleported upon arrival until they leave and re-enter the zone at their destination or at least have the ability to stagger the scheduling of portals which are linked to each other

thanks again

#8 comfyfutons, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  8. I can make some changes for that too. For now, make the boats destination outside of the entry zone of the partner boat. That way it doesn't teleport automatically.

9. hi just giving you some ad revenue and the view advert option takes me to a mobcapture.jar not the ports :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Oh shoot. xD Thanks for helping me out. I'll fix the links in a moment.
    I believe the ad revenue links are fixed. Thanks again! ;)

#11 WiseHollow, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Hey wise, 1 more thing I noticed, I'm not trying to spam you but I just figured you would want to know about any weird issues or bugs.

BTW I set up my ports like you suggested with arrival's outside the destination zone and it works great! good suggestion/workaround.

The one more thing I did notice is sometimes the player will not teleport when well within the teleportation zone. I started to notice this when I would go down into the lower level of my ship where it is more cramped and there are lots of chest/bed blocks... It won't port you sometimes if you are standing near or right up against certain blocks. I noticed it with chests/beds.

I can stand right up against it and watch the teleport effect but not move then walk 1 block away and next round it will teleport me. It is very strange behavior and I am sure that I am well within the teleport cuboid.

12. Hey no worries, its what I am here for.

It sounds like you suggest, you aren't in the cuboid (I'm just guessing). One way I can imagine this happening is, if a fence was right outside the cuboid. If you walked against the fence, you technically wouldn't be inside the cuboid anymore, because that block is thin enough to let you move outside of a field. So, I would make sure your cuboid is placed in a way where it would include the blocks such as these, and not just next to them. If I can explain better, do let me know.

13. WiseHollow updated Ports with a new update entry:

Countdown Timer!

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. Hmm, I can't seem to do /port create I get a NULL error when I type that. am I doing something wrong?
    [14:23:09] [Server thread/INFO]: rabidpig issued server command: /port create test1
    [14:23:09] [Server thread/ERROR]: null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'port' in plugin Ports v1.1.0
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:46) ~[spigot-1.13.1.jar:git-Spigot-2440e18-4228a56]
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:141) ~[spigot-1.13.1.jar:git-Spigot-2440e18-4228a56]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R2.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:695) ~[spigot-1.13.1.jar:git-Spigot-2440e18-4228a56]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.PlayerConnection.handleCommand(PlayerConnection.java:1644) ~[spigot-1.13.1.jar:git-Spigot-2440e18-4228a56]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:1479) ~[spigot-1.13.1.jar:git-Spigot-2440e18-4228a56]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.PacketPlayInChat.a(PacketPlayInChat.java:45) ~[spigot-1.13.1.jar:git-Spigot-2440e18-4228a56]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.PacketPlayInChat.a(PacketPlayInChat.java:1) ~[spigot-1.13.1.jar:git-Spigot-2440e18-4228a56]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.PlayerConnectionUtils.a(SourceFile:10) ~[spigot-1.13.1.jar:git-Spigot-2440e18-4228a56]
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_181]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_181]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.SystemUtils.a(SourceFile:199) [spigot-1.13.1.jar:git-Spigot-2440e18-4228a56]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:896) [spigot-1.13.1.jar:git-Spigot-2440e18-4228a56]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.DedicatedServer.b(DedicatedServer.java:411) [spigot-1.13.1.jar:git-Spigot-2440e18-4228a56]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:831) [spigot-1.13.1.jar:git-Spigot-2440e18-4228a56]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:729) [spigot-1.13.1.jar:git-Spigot-2440e18-4228a56]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_181]

15. The last time I updated this, WorldEdit wasn't compatible with 1.13.I'll take a look and see what's going on. (y) I took a look and yes, there are quite a few things that need updating to work with 1.13.1. There appears to be incompatibility with the latest WorldEdit 7.0.0 builds. Very key features have been removed that this plugin relies on. I'll try and get it fixed as soon as possible.

#17 WiseHollow, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  16. Check out the update posted a bit ago. Assuming you are using 1.13.1 and WorldEdit 7, you shouldn't have problems anymore. :)

17. Thank you WiseHollow, it appears to be working now.

I do have a question; is there a way to link this to an economy?
    Also is there a way to view what port is connected to what with /port list? I'm creating a few that go in a circle A > B > C > A, but I will be adding more in the future and don't want to forget a portal when relinking.