Potential threat?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by ddonovan, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Just checked my email today and it appears some random server host has appeared registered a few servers under my email and says payment method was PayPal. I know for a fact this was not me. As of now I have not seen any charge but that may be because it might take a couple days to go through. Has anyone had this happen before? Is this just a scam email or do you think I was actually potentially hacked? If so what would you guys say is my best move to stop this and avoid in the future? Any input greatly appreciated.

2. I've not had this happen to me before, but assumming this isn't a spam email, I would recommend that if you don't use your PayPal balance (like me) and you have a debit, virtual vusa card, or a bank account linked to your PayPal to be removed for the time being, this will not allow them to take money from you if that's what you use, otherwise, like most people who use PayPal, I'd assume you have money in your PayPal balance, if so have the money in your PayPal balance to be transferred to your bank account, and if you don't have a bank account, it would be a good idea to give PayPal a phone call and explain your issue to them.

Going back to the other assumption, it might just be a fake spam.

3. Thanks, appreciate the advice.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yah, no problem!