Potentially Found Best Processor for Bungee

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by CCT, Jul 23, 2013.

1. CCT

CCT
    Supporter

With 1200 players on a single instance, a Dual Xeon E5 2620 shows only about 70% CPU usage. Just wanted to share this in case anyone is having CPU usage issues with Bungee, like I used to have. Here's the htop http://imgur.com/hNS9k47.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

3. jtaylor69

jtaylor69 Retired Moderator
    Retired

Dual Xeon E5 2620....
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. AlexM850

Patron

Lol. I can run 1000 with mine being 70-75% cpu usage. ._. On my bungee hub 1270v2. That's a lot of money for that machine compared to this one lol. I think i'd rather setup multiple bungee instances at that point anyways. To be on the safe side.

5. CCT

CCT
    Supporter

this thread is making me uncomfortable...

6. AlexM850

Patron

Why?D: No that machine does run it good though Collin, however a 1290v2 would run it pretty strenuously.

7. md_5

Administrator Developer

You should provide me with YourKit profiling snapshots so I can get this CPU usage down. I'm sure it has the potential to be cut by --a lot--
    Bungee is completely multi threaded and async by design, an E5 series processor will beat any E3 series.

8. AlexM850

Patron

Never said it would. I understand that lololol. Just referring to that point. A large machine like that is generally much more expensive. Look at PhanaticD's server as well. He runs 900 players with just under 80% on a 1230v2. :) Just simply comparing in a matter of price aspects. :)

9. CCT

CCT
    Supporter

How would one run 900 players comfortably on an E3 1230v2...

10. AlexM850

Patron

If you're ever in # Spigot IRC you can ask PhanaticD, he does. I run about 500 average on my 1270v2 at about 27-36% cpu usage. Sometimes it will jump to around 40-43%.

11. PhanaticD

Patron

I actually have a 1270v2 I wrote the wrong thing to you

70-80% per-core with 900 ppl

12. PhanaticD

Patron

lol sorry its my bad D: