1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Solved Potion Effects acting weird.

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by Guru_Fraser, May 23, 2013.

1. http://pastebin.com/4dmEaUQ9
    This code will as you can tell, keep refreshing a users potion effect, on bukkit this works flawlessly, but with spigot it breaks each time.
    So it ends up Add speed, Remove speed, Add speed. Try out the code, works perfect on bukkit but spigot just makes the potion effect keep getting lost and re made every time it adds the potion effect.

Look at the guys potion effect in this video (it can be seen in top left) watch its effect on the player.

#1 Guru_Fraser, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
  2. md_5

Administrator Developer

Code (Java):
        public boolean addPotionEffect(PotionEffect effect, boolean force) {
            if (hasPotionEffect(effect.getType())) {
                if (!force) {
                    return false;
                }
                removePotionEffect(effect.getType());
            }
            getHandle().addEffect(new MobEffect(effect.getType().getId(), effect.getDuration(), effect.getAmplifier()));
            return true;
        }
    As you can see in this Bukkit code the effect is always removed and added. Only thing I can think of is the packet throttle eating it - try disabling Netty and reporting back. Its easy for us to adjust the throttle.

3. Disabling Netty resolves the issue! Thank you very much. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with in regards to testing any further throttle adjustment.

4. md_5

Administrator Developer

Alright, I'm gonna bump down the Netty rate limiter to about the same level as Vanilla.