1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Bug Power IV and Flame bow Cooking Meat

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by sladerade, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Showing meat being cooked by a flame bow with power iv in a Vanilla Minecraft. Where on Spigot Minecraft server meat will not be cooked with flame and power iv when shot at animals. Now granted if just have flame and no [Power IV] and shoot the animals they will burn for a second then when they die there meat will be cooked on the Spigot Server

plugins on the Spigot server
    Lockette
    essentials 1.8
    PermissionsEx

On the Vanilla Server just 1.8.7.jar file

I've also tested the same on a plain Spigot server [no plugins installed] with the same result. I can make another video if needed upon request.

I'm not sure if its a bug or just something thats is only related to Vanilla servers. If there is a plugin that I could use to cook the meat with Power IV that would be awesome!

2. Is this considered a bug? Or just a part of spigot? Can this be fixed with a plugin?

3. I'm 100% sure it can be fixed. You just need to listen for the Entity Death Event, and grab the killer [entity.getKiller()] and check that their bow has Flame on it. In fact, I can whip it up right now and attach it, if that's allowed.

EDIT: It works. But it doesn't work the exact same as vanilla. Users can switch items to throw off the results.

The conditions are that you must kill the entity with a projectile and hold a flame bow. If that gets thrown off (Say you shoot your flame bow at a pig, and before it dies, switch to your sword, it won't work). This isn't something I can fix (that I can think of).

Also, it may be exploitable because of this, since someone could shoot a pig with power IV, and switch to a flame bow, and get cooked drops. Again, that's part of the same issue where I can't find a fix yet, since I'm purely working with events, and not working with the code that the Spigot team gets to work with.

It probably can be fixed by daisy-chaining different events, but that requires a lot more testing than I'm willing to commit for this. If it's too much of an issue, you can shoot the bow with lower draw back. It works fine that way since the mob will catch fire and die from that.

Attached Files:

#3 TrashCaster, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you very much! Whats strange is when you use a sword with Sharpness V and smite II it'll cook the meat! You would think it would do the same as the flame bow and power IV. Seriously thank you TrashCaster.