PreciousStones vs ProtectionStones

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Thagus, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Hi,
    I have a problem on my server, I dont know if I should use PreciousStones or ProtectionStones, both do almost the same, but I dont know which one consumes more resources of my server. Until now I have been using PreciousStones, and is really heavy (for my server at least), but the PreotectionStones is "linked" to the WorldGuard plugin wich is heavy too. I also have WorldGuard on my server, but with a few regions protected, if I use ProtectionStones, te nomber of regions will increase exponentially, that may affect the server performance?
    So my question is, wich one do you recomend me to use? performance related.

Thank you,
    Besrt Regards.

2. joehot200

Supporter

Really depends which parts of either plugin you want to use.

3. ProtectionStones was just as bad as PreciousStones for me, They both caused lag when players tried to place a protection block inside a already protected area. (this is just my personal experience though)
    I moved onto a plugin that lets players select their protected area and they simply type /protect to create a worldguard region :)

.. but when I tested them out, PreciousStones was a bit better then ProtectionStones.

4. joehot200

Supporter

"A plugin" :confused:.

5. Yeah, well the problem with plugins like Residence is that the users may not be experienced with plugins that involve WorldGuard, to make cuboid selections. That is why I decided to use PreciousStones or ProtectionStones
    :/
    What I really like from PreciousStones is the integration with economy, and maybe the no-coflic option. ProtectionStones dont have integration with Vault, and I dont know if have sth to prevent areas from coliding, but I think is lightweight....

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ProtectionStones is way too laggy by default. It's because it accesses disk everytime a player places/removes a "protectionstone." This will help a TON-my server went from lag to no lag as soon as I did this. It's a modified version that queues everything and then saves every 15 minutes rather than (possibly) dozens of times or more per minute: https://github.com/treestompz/pstones-modded The author is stubborn and it isn't open source, so it is decompiled :/

With the default ProtectionStones, you are at the mercy of your players :(

#7 treestompz, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  7. AlexM850

Patron

Oooooh. :O I might look into that. :3

8. Oh, thanks!, I'll try it. Just a question, it affects the performance of the server in any way?
    And, it's secure? I mean, the players can't really grief in version 1.6.4?

9. I cannot really comment on this having better performance as I have not use the other plugins. I have used this since I have started my server and I love it. It works perfect in 1.6.4.

• Like Like x 1