Solved Premium plugin protection

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Escad, Aug 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firstly, I just wanna know how I should protect a premium plugin if I were interested in uploading one. Are there any reliable anti-leak/piracy methods I could use that Spigot allows? Would I be fighting a losing battle to begin with? In the case of a plugin leak, what measures can I take against this sort and how would I ensure that my terms of service are valid?

2. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

You're fighting a losing battle...you're incredibly limited with what you can do, and it will get leaked eventually

https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/premium-resource-guidelines.31667/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Not worth the time to protect it. What I am considering doing with some of my premium plugins for the future is to offer them for free if an application is filled out etc. That way you can at least control it to an extent and maybe reap something from it? (i/e force free buyers to have their server listed as a test server)

• Like Like x 1
  4. I saw once on a post that the best you can do is code it in a way that it would be hard for crackers to read the code.

5. Plugins must load and work without manual intervention, such as the user placing a license key somewhere, and without internet connection.

Talked with Mathhulk with this topic on Sunday, and told me it'd be a waste of time, if it didn't follow the Premium resource rules.

Yeah that is true, but it still has to follow Resource Approval, under Obfuscation / DRM.
    https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/premium-resource-guidelines.31667/
    • You are allowed to obfuscate your resources, however the decompiled code must be somewhat legible by staff. We may request you use a different obfuscator or none at all.
    • DRM systems are (provisionally allowed), with the following key caveats:
      • All resources must run directly from downloaded file without any manual installation steps or internet access. This means that licensing systems of any form are prohibited.
      • They must not interfere with any aspect of the server outside of the plugin itself.
      • We will treat all complaints of DRM abuse with the highest severity, which may result in immediate and permanent suspension of your resource unless sufficient evidence is provided.
      • We may request it be removed or altered at any time.

6. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

I already brought up the premium resource guidelines, you're just repeating already said info

7. Optic's right, my question's pretty much answered. Thanks for the responses, though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.