Premium plugins And Dependency

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by NextdoorPsycho, Feb 27, 2019.

?

AM i allowed to have MY premium resource automatically download the FREE dependence that I made?

1. Yes you can

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No you cant

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alright, in ordinance with rules I want to do something but I'm unsure if I'm breaking any guidelines.
    Here is what I want to do

Have a resource (plugin- that in this example is premium) At
    an MB size of 1.9mb (Spigot upload limit is 2mb) However, I need to add some dependencies
    Example:
    • {insert name of free dependencie.jar that I have made here} NEEDS to be included with my plugin to ensure things run properly. Am I allowed to:
      • Have my Premium resource AUTOMATICALLY Download a FREE Dependency that I have made since I can't include it shaded into the plugin- due to size restraints.
    Capture.PNG

2. do what others do? dont upload to spigot.. upload to something like mediafire or dropbox and choose the custom link option?

/e doubt its allowed

/e2 huh, that makes sense, didnt think about no externals for premiums

#2 Warren1001, Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  3. Premium plugins must also work offline, and without any additional setup (other than obvious hard dependencies like WorldEdit, Vault, etc). I’m not sure if this would be allowed or not though.

You can’t use external links for premium plugins.

4. Choco

To my knowledge, the upload limit is 4mb, not 2.

• Yes, you are allowed to download your dependency externally (and it is encouraged if you are running out of space, though 4mb is a difficult limit to reach)
      • Yes this is allowed
      • but you must ensure that the file may also be downloaded directly by the user in the case that an internet connection is not available
        • This to ensure the Premium Resource Guidelines are still adhered to
        • i.e. the rule identified in the image above
          • Can we stop nesting our points now... this could have been a whole paragraph rather than bullet points ;)
    Premium resources must be hosted on the website, not externally

5. So to clarify:
    I can have my premium plugin download an external dependant automatically :
    Yes, you are allowed to download your dependency externally (and it is encouraged if you are running out of space, though 4mb is a difficult limit to reach)
    if so this is great

6. Interesting, wasn't it 2mb before? Perhaps I should stop trying to minimize and choke out dependencies a bit lol.

7. Choco

Yes, so long as a direct download is also available (and that it's identified in the console if it fails and errors out, though this is more of a courtesy kind of thing). Provide a download link for your direct download in the description of your resource if you can, you should be fine. Yes this has your resource depend on an internet connection, but you also provide users with a functioning alternative so we permit this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.