Prevent Falling Blocks from breaking

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by xBallisticBlazex, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Hi!
    I am currently developing a plugin which takes advantage of falling blocks. Everything is working out fine but I cannot work out how to get FallingBlock Entities from destroying themselves.

I have already managed to stop them from falling and placing themselves by setting their gravity to false. They now stay in one position and behave like a proper entity. However, if they are left idle for some time, they eventually 'break' (disappear and turn into their item form). How can I prevent this?

I have already considered using another entity and disguising that as a falling block, armor stands etc, but it would help out a lot if I can work out how to stop falling blocks from breaking as they will make development easier while making the server run better.

Any suggestions?

2. If im understanding it right in any way, just let them fall and place a block where they "die".

3. I do not want them to fall. I instead want them to behave as an entity and stay as one.

After decompiling the nms code and realising that it would be unlikely for me to stop falling blocks from despawning, I have decided to instead use armorstands with blocks for heads. If that does not work out, I'll disguise some other entity as a falling block.