Prevent player velocity from getting reduced by movement

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Fraylish, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Is there any possible way to prevent player velocity from getting reduced by movement without changing speed ? I'm not going to make this with a plugin, but with NMS.

2. NMS is used in a plugin. And what exactly are you trying to achieve? It's not that clear, you would like the player's velocity to always stay the same?

3. I forgot to mention, I'm currently working on a knockback patch for my spigot fork which I don't have to create a plugin for this. What I'm trying to achieve is keeping the player's velocity consistent whenever they move forward. For example, as default the victim will knock back 2.5 blocks after getting attacked by you but when the victim is walking/sprinting forward to you and you attack him, he will take less knockback then when he's standing still. I want to keep his velocity stay at 2.5 blocks as usual even though he's moving.

4. Strahan

Benefactor

Why in God's name would you recompile the whole server for that? Just make a plugin. That's why the plugin system exists, to prevent the massive headache you are trying to give yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mate not everything you can make into a plugin, a knockback plugin won't give you a smooth combat experience and it's just based off NMS motion handling.

6. Anyone got a solution?