1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Bug Problem with Netty and NoLagg (I think)

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by SN4T14, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Every time I connect to my server running the newest build of Spigot (#519) the server spits this out: http://pastebin.com/ay2skUey

The world loads fine, I seem to be able to interact with the world fine, but something is probably broken, Nolagg, BKCommonLib and ProtocolLib are all up to date, and these are the plugins I have installed:

SimpleBackup, WorldEdit, NoCheatPlus, TimeLock, Vault, PermissionsEx, Modifyworld, ProtocolLib, NullTerrain, WorldGuard, Essentials, LagMeter, ChatManager, Transporter, VanishNoPacket, BKCommonLib, NoLagg

2. Puremin0rez

Yes - Netty builds do not work with NoLagg (chunks)

Disable the chunks component of NoLagg and it might fix it :)

3. Ah, does Netty do the same thing, or is it just a compatibility issue?

4. Puremin0rez

Compatibility issue :\

5. I really don't think you need to over kill your server with NoLagg as well as spigot. What's your main need of Nolagg?

6. Mostly exactly what I have to disable to get NoLagg working, the chunk bits, 400 players wait for no chunk, it'd be cool if the features NoLagg has that Spigot doesn't got implemented into it like with orebfuscator, though.

Again, md_5 pls. :p

7. Spigot has orebfuscator.

8. That's exactly what I was saying, NoLagg should be added to Spigot like Orebfuscator was added, might even open up new avenues of optimization.

9. plugin's features should only be added if it would improve things, also it means more work to keep the total up to date which isnt really a good thing and adding those things increases possible incompatibility issues (whether they're optional or not)

personally i think orebfuscator is a good choice (im using the plugin still tho) because imo its a must to have on a non-creative server for a decent fair play, i wouldnt run the server without it.

10. The chunk loading/sending is something I think is a must, it's better in every way, and it might be faster since it wouldn't be a plugin, like how Orebfuscator is much faster in Spigot.

11. There are CONCEPTS from NoLagg that do make sense, but can be done much better than the way they did it.

When I get time, those are some things I might tackle.

TNT, Chunk load order, only sending VISIBLE chunks, throttling chunk sends per tick, are def some decent improvements.