Resource Programming in MS Paint [UPDATED]

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by RubbaBoy, Dec 11, 2017.

1. powerpoint will be a lot easier to maintain, so why not that?

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. MS Paint brainfuck when? Each coloured pixel has its own instruction.

3. I like the way you think...

4. Too bad it wont work with the creators update.

5. This is probably the smartest thing I've seen in a long time.

6. MiniDigger

Supporter

Why not? Ms Paint is still here, it's just deprecated, that's why I suggested moving to paint 3d.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Random new guy: what ide should i use
    <insert Eclipse vs IntelliJ argument here>
    Random new guy: just forget it ill use ms paint

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Just an update for everyone, MS Paint IDE Version 1.1 has been released! In this version, you can compile your project into a standalone .jar, with choosing files to be placed inside the jar as well (eg. Manifest, plugin.yml, etc.), and best of all a "probe" mode, which makes image parsing/scanning over 10x faster. If anyone is interested in how this works just ask, because it doesn't recognize lines an odd length apart, eg. if you have all line spacings 10px high.

Thank you, everyone, who has been commenting and liking this project, I never expected this amount of support. I expect another release in the next few days adding support for multiple images at a time, to be able to make any project you can think of. After that, I might start the development of some more highly requested "IDEs", so stay tuned!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
  10. this is why i joined spigot

i love u

• Like Like x 1
  11. Keeeep makin' this better!

12. Just released the update for multiple class reading and compilation, combined with libraries, you can create virtually anything! I have already created a multi-class test plugin with a command, the sources for the example are in .png format of course in the release 1.2 on GitHub.

I have gotten some really cool suggestions of other things to make, as in a way of compiling code, not in a traditional IDE. I have heard things like in PowerPoint, Word/Google Docs, Paint 3D, Brainfuck in MS Paint, and in Minecraft Books. I'd love to hear everyone's suggestions on what to make next, from some of those ideas or new ideas :)

Thank you, everyone, as always for supporting me through this, all reviews/comments from this have been genuinely nice, which is awesome!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. at least give intellij the king status

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Boi thats just another product fatality by Microsoft's hands. Shouldnt be too big of a deal

15. MiniDigger

Supporter

It wasnt killed...

16. 1980: We will have flying cars in the future.

2017: Code Java programs using a Paint program.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Waiting for paint3d

18. I guess I'll have to add the support to code in Java using PowerPoint then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19. Just thought I'd post this here since more stuff like this was requested, and people seemed to love this. I know some people here don't have MS Paint, so now you can make your programs in Minecraft Books! Including syntax highlighting/error highlighting, executing in-server, and jar compiling, so it would be possible to program plugins for your server in your server. Sources on GitHub as always, sorry it took me so long to make this, I had to go some places this week, and my VPS decided to DDOS somebody or something like that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/mc-book-ide.50946/

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1