Programming Music

Discussion in 'Programming' started by ystrike099, Apr 30, 2017.

1. No, I'm not here to talk about music, at least not about music only. In this thread I would like to collect some of the best songs & tracks for programming as background music. Feel free to contribute!

Song list:

- Automaton by Robotaki
    - The Enemy (feat. Sinead Egan) by Mat Zo, Sinead Egan
    - Remedy - Original Mix by dark cat
    - Echo (feat. Rickard Caddock) by WRLD, Rickard Caddock
    - Jealous - LVTHER Remix by Draper, BB Diamond, LVTHER
    - Little Too Close (feat. Veronika Redd) by WRLD, Veronika Redd

Please, if you have any songs that you often hear when you code, please reply with the name of it and I'll add it to the list.

Note: There are no special genres, but music which contains much lyrics is often something many programmers feel interrupted by and therefore songs like them will not be added to the list. Calm, yet motivating songs are the ones we're searching for.

#1 ystrike099, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  2. My favorite type is.... total silence

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hmmm... interesting song!

4. sothatsit

Patron

Music is so subjective that a list such as this can never exist that satisfies even the majority of people. Some people like electronic music, others dubstep, pop, alternative, <insert every genre under the sun here>.

An alternative idea might be to make this list of a specific genre, or make multiple lists of seperate genres.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Try Dubtrack of plug.DJ, they're great for music while programming IMO.

6. Thank you for the suggestions!

7. I know. But I've seen a lot of lists like these on other programming forums and I just wanted to see if it would be possible to create something similar here so people maybe could find some nice background tracks which doesn't interrupt the programming feeling too much.
    I know that there are no special genres for programming, but it seems like electronic music/dubstep and in general often calm music styles which doesn't disturb the listener is popular.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. BananaPuncher714

Supporter

I leave Minecraft open in the background on my test server, and I'm normally on creative, so I listen mostly to the Minecraft default creative soundtracks. Besides, it is the creative soundtrack for a reason:)