Protect premium plugin?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Vengine, Mar 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vengine

Vengine Previously SkillCode

Hey, I would like to upload my premium plugin to Spigot soon, however I don't know how to protect the plugin on Spigot since licensing systems are prohibited. However, there are plugins on Spigot that detect and block cracked versions, does anyone know how I can best do that? Thanks in advance!

2. I'm not sure but if the server is cracked and player joined the UUID generated to each player is different compare to when it is Online Mode. Maybe you can check the player username's uuid thru this url "
    https://api.mojang.com/users/profiles/minecraft/" + PlayerName and compare to player's current UUID if they are the same or not. and the important part to clear the confusion use the correct tag on forums, Resource is for only Introduction of resources or tools used in developing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Vengine

I mean when the plugin is cracked, so uploaded to another site for free.

4. Vengine

5. Or you can just use Bukkit.getOnlineMode()

6. Choco

BungeeCord requires offline mode on the server so it can authenticate through the proxy rather than the server. This isn't fool proof. @OP don't even bother. Don't waste your time with protection, it will get removed and leaked.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.