Spigot ProtocolSupport 4.28

Adds 1.12-1.4.7 clients support to your spigot 1.12.2 server

1. Im getting errors when connecting to my faction server from hub:
    Errors on bungee:
    http://pastebin.com/PUwaCP8R
    Error on Faction server:
    18.09 01:16:40 [Disconnect] User [01:16:40 INFO]: PvPro_Crafter has disconnected, reason: Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: Error while read(...): Connection reset by peer

Edit:Never mind fixed it holograms dont work well with the protocol

#121 Cico, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  2. @Shevchik :
    Do you know any way to display holograms to players that uses Minecraft 1.7?

3. Random join error:
    [15:01:33] [Server thread/INFO]: [+] Stimpy7894
    [15:01:33] [Netty Server IO #1/ERROR]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -118
    [15:01:33] [Netty Server IO #1/ERROR]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -119
    [15:01:33] [Netty Server IO #1/ERROR]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -119

4. Shevchik updated ProtocolSupport with a new update entry:

1.8.8 update

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. Latest spigot 1.8.8 build is required

6. Some players when they die, they can not respawn, without errors.

7. Thanks for the reply @Shevchik :)

8. Do you know how to display holograms to 1.5.2 users?

9. You can replace the ArmorStands(use for holograms) with Mobs with invinsibility.

10. So... Nobody has written a HolographicDisplays fix for 1.6.2 - 1.7.10 users?

I'm trying to do a fix for it, but I'm not getting a lot of success with it (And no... HolographicDisplaysPatch doesn't work, because it expects a 1.7.X hologram (Horse + Wither Skull), but, in 1.8.X, HolographicDisplays sends a Armor Stand hologram)

The solution is get if the Armor Stand is a hologram and spawn a Wither Skull mounted on a horse (or it is the reverse? I forgot) and spawn to the player.

I don't know how it would work on 1.5.2.

EDIT: @Shevchik, you recommend changing the use-native-transport in the server.proprieties, but I'm not finding this option at all in the file! :(

Also, you will need to do a remapper for enchants too (check the GitHub issue, trying to interact with a enchant that is inexistent in a version in an anvil crashes the client)

EDIT 2: Maybe the use-native-transport does not show on my server.proprieties because I'm running the test server on Windows.

#131 MrPowerGamerBR, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. It's not in the server.properties . I belive it's in the Bukkit.yml

12. No, it is on server.proprieties (just lookup on Minecraft Wiki)

Also, this plugin works on 1.8.8, but you need to use the Dev Builds.

Also @Shevchik , I think my Eclipse has a bug or something, because, if I try to compile the ProtocolSupport straight from the GitHub source, the 1.5.2 MOTD does not work, however, if I use the dev builds, the MOTD works... (I wanted to compile ProtocolSupport to fix this issue: https://github.com/Shevchik/ProtocolSupport/issues/61, I posted a very "lazy" fix in the issue discussion)

Also, remember this issue? https://github.com/Shevchik/ProtocolSupport/issues/13 Well, I don't know what "protocolling" magic you made, but now 1.7.2 clients can place and edit those signs without any issue!

Also, there is two issues in the GitHub repo which should be closed (https://github.com/Shevchik/ProtocolSupport/issues/43 - Fixed in the lastest builds (I think? I couldn't replicate this issue with the lastest dev build) and https://github.com/Shevchik/ProtocolSupport/issues/55 - Fixed in the lastest builds, but the user didn't close it)

#133 MrPowerGamerBR, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  13. @Shevchik

We've been using ProtocolSupport on a server I work on for less than 24 hours, here are a couple of notable glitches:
    • Sprint particles under players' feet appear sometimes even when they're not sprinting, makes it look like they're sprint hacking.
    • You can't see the fire animation on players when they catch on fire if you're using 1.6.x or above.
    • Redstone wires (and possibly other blocks of the same kind) disappear when you right click them if you're using 1.7.x or below.
    • Hits don't register very well, especially in 1.5.x, we just get particles. Possibly other versions too, maybe up to 1.7.10.
    • You can't login with 1.6.x.
    Other than these, the plugin works pretty well, keep up the good work :)
    We're using the latest Spigot 1.8.8 and BungeeCord builds (we have installed ProtocolSupportBungee) if that helps.
    Java 8, late-bind is set to false in spigot.yml, use-native-transport is set to true in server.properties on all backend servers.

14. Hits do register, it's just arm animation which doesn't always work right, so your anticheat blocks it.

Also some of those issue related to ProtocolSupportBungee, because i don't have any time to fix issues there.

15. Ah, okay, would love to see those issues fixed, if you can of course.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 1. Can confirm.
    2. Can confirm, already a issue on GitHub: https://github.com/Shevchik/ProtocolSupport/issues/63
    3. Didn't test.
    4. Can confirm, sometimes you can't attack an entity (tested in 1.7.2, also, without any AntiCheat plugins installed)
    5. Didn't test.

#137 MrPowerGamerBR, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  17. на версии PaperSpigot 1.8.8 все вылетают с сервера каждые 10-20 минут с ошибкой Timed Out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I've setup latest bungee with latest spigot and just this plugin on the spigot server. When a Vanilla 1.7.10 client connects, it fails with this error in Bungee console:
    Code (Text):

io.netty.handler.codec.CorruptedFrameException: Empty Packet!
        at net.md_5.bungee.protocol.Varint21FrameDecoder.decode(Varint21FrameDecoder.java:34)
        at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.callDecode(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:327)
        at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:230)
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:308)
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:294)
        at io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutHandler.channelRead(ReadTimeoutHandler.java:152)
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:308)
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:294)
        at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:846)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:131)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:511)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:468)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:382)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:354)
        at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:112)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

In spigot server, use-native-transport value doesn't affect the result.
    In spigot server, late-bind is set to false.

Any idea what's going on?

19. FYI @Shevchik fixed those 2 bugs on the lastest dev build. :)

• Like Like x 1