Psychz DDoS mitigation?

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by x_L, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #21 DMANX00, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. I had a large deal with Psychz before.
    All together for my servers and protection I was paying the guts of $1,000 a month.
    It was a huge mistake as they had a lot of issues within their network (I think there was a cable cut or something)
    Another problem was that their protection would go offline a lot, I spoke to them about this and they said some attacks are too small and don't get filtered but they still down the machine(s); which I thought was very stupid. They ended up changing some mitigation rules on the fronted and my backed but this ended up adding the minecraft auth servers to a blacklist and ofc that fucked the server up until they changed it.
    I moved back to a Secured Servers setup.

I also used RSnet before and I can say that their servers are alright and they have good support. I did have one main problem with them and that was that my hard drives failed 2 times and I had a ram issue too which caused the server to randomly crash.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Also for some reason all their ips are announced in LA, even the Dallas ones. That can cause some confusion if you do a speed test or something.

4. x_L

x_L

5. x_L

x_L

I think @FuriousPvP uses Psychz, or just their network.
    Is it good?

#26 x_L, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Psychz-Jimmy

Supporter

Missed this thread, was at the Dallas DC over the last few days... give me a couple to read up.

7. Psychz-Jimmy

Supporter

Fiber cut was out of control since it was construction crews that cut it while they were working along the patch. If i recall the total downtime was roughly 8 hours from this incident.

A redundant fiber is already in place to avoid future incidents.

#28 Psychz-Jimmy, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
  8. In all seriousness, take a look at I/O Flood. They resell SecuredServers, and if you send them a nice email you can get $30 (or more) off, or free upgrades.

9. I've colocated my hardware at Psychz for over a year now and they're great. There were a few disturbances as stated above; however, these very rarely occur. In general, I would recommend them 100%.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Same except for the year part. Been there collocated for around 6 months now.

11. You seem to be uneducated in how IP ranges work. Each IP block is assigned to a customer and can be announced anywhere. The information that you see via an IP Geolocation is simply the stated address for the owner of the IP block, not necessarily where the block is being announced. In this case, Psychz's main office is in Los Angeles, so that's where the geolocation states the IP to be located.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

IOFlood owns their own hardware and has their own ASN, however they do have cages in PNAP.

13. x_L

x_L

That's nice, the network is good?
    Great, do any of your players have lag? I know you own one of those faction servers so its essential to have a nice network to avoid lag etc.

14. Network is fine. No complaints.

15. GeorgeHousley123

Supporter

If you can't be assed to email them use code GEORGE20 :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. Actually, if you read, it's one day....

EDIT:

17. Aren't Psychz ips blocked from minecraftservers.org? Or atleast Inabate ones.

18. x_L

x_L

InAbate IPs are, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.