Psychz DDoS mitigation?

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by x_L, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just to clarify, We are not blocked from minecraftservers.org.
    This was a issue caused after the issues with .org where (according to the owner) Linode had rebooted the node that they were on, this then caused some issues forcing some servers using InAbate's services (during/before the time of the issue) to show as offline. At the same time, if you were to then change the domain on the service (such as changing the sub-domain from "mc" to "play" or something like that) it'd then make it show as online again, contact the .org owner for more information and say that you're with InAbate and would like to have the forced-online mode disabled. I'd like to repeat that our services are not banned from .org in any way and new customers that move onto our services don't have this issue, it's only customers that had used it when the minecraftservers.org's Linode issues started to occur. Let me know if you have any further questions.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. From what their networking engineer told me this is correct yes but when doing geo location it kept coming up in LA. And when doing a speed

3. I've colocated hardware with 4 different providers in the past, and I can say that my experience with Psychz Networks was one of the best.

I have been colocating my hardware with Psychz Networks for the past six months. The first five months were at their location in LA, and we recently moved all our hardware to their location in Dallas, TX. When I was delivering my hardware at the Datacenter, Ron assisted me and also gave me a nice tour of the Datacenter. I knew that I would be comfortable having my hardware over there.

There were times where some of our servers needed to be rebooted and these were done in a timely manner, at least in their LA location where they have 24/7 support. They also have free KVMs available for customer usage which assisted a lot when we needed to change BiOS settings etc. They went out of their way many times in order to assure that I was a happy customer.

4. x_L

x_L

Nice..
    I'm seeing a lot of nice reviews.. I'll go with em'

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I'm getting that error too for some reason, just thought I'd let you know :p

EDIT: Was my VPN lol.

6. JamesJ

Supporter

So wait.
    You have a smallish server, yet you are always changing hosts? I don't get it..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. x_L

x_L

I don't have a server lol.
    I'm getting a huge advertisement in the summer, which is why I want to be safe.

8. What kind of ad?

9. x_L

x_L

Not going to disclose it but I'll tell you all in late June.

HINT: Either a MCSL slot or a huge YT video.
    YT vid would bring a huge peak of 200 people and then a 90~ average.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. spam minepleks lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I was just letting you know about it. No need to be a dick....

12. JamesJ

Supporter

Lmfao
    You open a server, get upset when it only peaks at 50, then rebrand. You've been through like 5 hosts. Just stick with one for Christ's sake.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  13. Due to their TCP rules you need to refresh twice to see it.

14. x_L

x_L

Honestly I don't even know who you are, I don't know how you know who I am.
    And honestly this has nothing to do with my server, so don't get that involved on my past servers and this.
    Thank you so much, asshole.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.