Spigot PureTickets - Ticket System with Discord Integration! 5.1.2

Easily manage player support / questions

1. Broccolai submitted a new resource:

Pure Tickets - Easy to use ticket system! - Easily manage player questions / requests

Read more about this resource...

2. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Spigot 1.15.1
    PureTickets 1.5

Tickets are not persistent across server restarts. Where are the ticket data stored?

#9 SlimeDog, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  3. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

How do staff add a comment to a ticket?

4. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

And, of course, nearly all commands should be executable from the console. At present, they produce errors.

5. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

If it's not persistent across server restarts I wouldn't be surprised if they're only saved in memory

6. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Naturally. The point is that the data need to be persistent across server restarts.

7. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

Of course :p
    Definitely when it's this kind of plugin.
    OP plz fix

8. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

I am looking for a full-featured ticket-management system. I would be happy to discuss necessary features with the developer.

#15 SlimeDog, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  9. I'd be more than willing to make it a option to have a persistant throughout restarts, the server I orignally made this for didn't have a need for that or through console. If you give me a couple of days I'll add both.

Also if you have any other suggestions it'd be easier to discuss them through the discord.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Thanks. I don't Discord; way too much noise over signal. Feature requests:
    • Data persistence
    • Support for console commands
    • Explicit status history
    • Expansion of issues to include (via commands):
      • origin data, including: datetime, player, message, location
      • series of comments including: datetime, player (ie, actor), message
      • status change markers, including: datetime, player (ie., actor), status changes including assign (pick), unassign (yield), close (done), reopen
      • assignment (ie., staff)
    • Permissions to cover command sets, including player level, staff level
    • Configuration option (and command) to purge completed (ie., closed) tickets based on number of days since completed
    • Database tables to support the above appropriately, in 3rd normal form (ie., relational database)
    • Documentation of all of the above
    • Handle function calls to catch NPEs (there is no excuse for NPEs)
    There may be more, but those are the rudiments of a useful ticket management system. I will donate when all that is implemented, and I would hope that others would do.

#17 SlimeDog, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 2
  11. Hi! I like the plugin. It is a bit lacking, though. I have some suggestions:
    • As others have mentioned, tickets should persist after server restarts. This is an absolute necessity.
    • Title parameter in create ticket command.
    • Tags to assign to tickets by the ticket creator and staff members.
    • More permissions for specific commands rather than just two generic permissions for sets of commands.
    • Database (e.g., MySQL) support.

Also, “Time past” is ungrammatical. It should say “Time passed.”

12. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

or SQLITE. MySQL is not available to everyone; SQLITE is more available. And if the expected number of tickets is small (small servers), YAML works just fine.

#20 SlimeDog, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1