Putting custom recipes at the beginning of the recipe book

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by ChickenSaysBak, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Hello! I'm trying to figure out how I can put my custom recipes at the beginning of the recipe book. My initial thought was to make the namespace id something like _item, however, I realized recipes are not ordered alphabetically, nor do they seem related at all. They appear to be ordered randomly, but I tried removing all of my 'learned' recipes and adding them back and they came back in the same order. There must be some way they are ordered, but I can't figure out how. I checked the wiki for the Recipe Book and several other google searches but found no results related to their order.

Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

2. Well, I just figured out it randomizes every time you join.. which isn't helpful because there's nothing I can modify to change a particular item's order. Is there a way I could force it to though?

3. Im about 99% sure of this:
    The recipes are sent to the player when they log into the server, the client manages the recipe book, and there is no way to manipulate how it's organized.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Unfortunately, the recipe book just a mess (IMO). You can't really manipulate what it sends to the client, nor can recipes be read using NBT data when crafting. plus possible duping when using a furnace-esk inventory. It would be great if in the future Mojang changes/fixes these things.

5. Yikes, well thanks for the help!