1.8.8 Pvp Bots

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Imme123, Jul 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was wondering if it were possible to add a pvp bot without using many minecraft accounts. I want to allow each player to have multiple bots that can pvp with them against other players and their bots but I don't want to have to buy 6 accounts for every player on the server. I was wondering if this was possible, and if it is possible how do i accomplish it.

2. What do you mean bots? Do you mean like mobs that attack other players?

3. You can use Citizens to add NPCs to help battle I think

4. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

If they they want something amazing (e.g. AAA bots) then they'll want to do something custom though :)

5. I mean a bot that fights players as if they were players. Like on pvp.land bot practice.

6. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

If you want anything good, you'll want something custom

7. yeah i was just wondering how i would do it without accounts

8. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

NPCs

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. they're NPC, they arent real player account. it's an AI that controls the NPC server-side.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

Any anything decent would be coded from the ground up to fit exactly what's on the server

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I know this is for development, however there used to be an addon I used for Citizens2 (https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/sentinel.22017/) a few years back

and it had the possibilities to add attack functions to NPC's, they aren't really Player AI last I remembered but you might be able to figure something out with it

12. If OP wanted to use existing plugins for their pvp bots they wouldn't ask in this section lol.

You may build your mobs by extending some Mob base (I suggest zombies or skeletons here.), wiping off their AI and implementing customized AI goals to cover the relevant behaviour (iE follow the summoner, attack based on weapon.), you can use a packet adapter from protocollib to transmute outgoing spawner packets to disguise as player spawning packets.

You cannot avoid using NMS for this case. You'll have to research with wikivg to find the proper way to interact with your packets.

I don't recommend this as a project for a newbie, this could be regarded as one of the more complex projects that can give people a real headache.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.