Spigot Quest Jobs 1.8

Yet another questing plugin, but different!

1. 123099 submitted a new resource:

QuestJobs - Yet another questing plugin

Read more about this resource...

2. 123099 updated QuestJobs with a new update entry:

Quest Jobs Stability Enhancements

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. 123099 updated Quest Jobs with a new update entry:

Mighty Collector

4. Now i can create quest easy . Thank you .
    Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  5. 123099 updated Quest Jobs with a new update entry:

Economy boom

6. 123099 updated Quest Jobs with a new update entry:

More Stuff! More Stuff!

7. 123099 updated Quest Jobs with a new update entry:

Breaking and Fixing

8. 123099 updated Quest Jobs with a new update entry:

More User Experience!

9. 123099 updated Quest Jobs with a new update entry:

Citizens and Permissions

10. Hi,

It looks very nice your plugin. But i think i,m doing something wrong when i made a quest and place the sign,
    when i want to starts the quest it say,s, you must complete the quest id 1 before accepting this one.
    but i have no quest,s running.

hope you can help

11. Hi! Thank you for the kind review.
    Your problem is caused due to the fact that you have written a number other than "-1" in the box that is called "Dependency (Use -1 for no dependency). Any number you put in there will make it so that the quest you are creating cannot be started until a quest with the provided number is complete (even if that quest doesn't exist yet). Therefore, to fix your problem, load up your quest, change the number to -1 and save it again!
    Hope this helps :)

12. Just downloaded and will add it to my server as soon as its empty. I have a couple questions. Can some of the quests involve visiting other worlds, or clicking links in chat that launch websties. or is it strictly inworld actions ?
    Not a big deal, just thought it would be cool.

Also, is the reward system restricted to just the normal MC items or can you give custom made items too ? I use a lot of other plugins that add items to the game and it would be nice to be able to give them as prizes - slimefun in particular.

Along the same thoughts... If you do a mob hunter type, can you send the player after a mob that is generated with another plugin ? Such as if you have a zombie in the game that is called super zombie by the other plugin, will this plugin know the difference if the player just kills any zombie ?

I can't wait to try the quest making tool. Thanks for making that. One of the hardest things about quest plugins is knowing what to do where first.

Thanks for updating this .. it's is going to be awesome ...

13. I really appreciate your review!
    Unfortunately, the answer to most of your questions is no. The plugin cannot currently give custom items as rewards, nor does it have a task for travelling to other worlds.
    I would attempt to add these features to the plugin, including a quest task where you need to visit another world, and possibly clicking a link, even though it kind of goes out of the idea of the plugin.
    With regards to detecting the difference between zombie types, the plugin allows you to hunt any single entity that is defined within Spigot, that includes zombies and pig zombies (I assume these are the super zombies? Or are they custom entities?)

After looking a bit into custom item rewards, I realized that I could make a quest task where you need to collect custom items, however, giving them would be almost impossible, without a lot of work, which includes gathering every single plugin possible (or at least a lot of the major ones) that are custom item based, and querying them for the items. That is because I cannot create the item on my own, since a custom item can be an infinite amount of options.

#15 123099, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  14. 123099 updated Quest Jobs with a new update entry:

Explorer!

15. Hi, I don't really understand your request. Could you please explain in more depth what it is you need?

16. Oh, I see, but this is the wrong place to ask for something like this. This is the place to lead a discussion regarding the plugin QuestJobs.

17. 123099 updated Quest Jobs with a new update entry:

Slimefun and more

18. Thanks for the slimefun support. Looking forward to using it. I did have a little problem with this update. When I put it on my server and restarted it and I had red in the console that basically said that Slimefun (corelib, slimefun, extragear,etc.) could not start due to them already being initialized. I didn't think about taking screen shots - I can put it back on if you need me to. But I took this back off and the error went away.

Let me know if you need any more information or screenshots of the console.
    Thanks again.