Question about Nether reset after 1.16 update

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by Chevels, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Hello,

before switching my server to 1.16 (actually en 1.15.2), I would like to have some information because I have doubts.
    Our server has been around for a long time and so has our Nether. We have a lot of builds inside, as well as some fortresses optimized for farming.
    My idea is to save each build as a schematic, then reset my Nether, and then paste the schematics where the builds were previously.
    But I think I understood (by doing research on the forums) that in this case the generation of the fortresses would not correspond to the same places on the map, despite the fact that the Nether seed will be the same. Is it true ? Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you !
    Chevels.

2. JanTuck

Supporter

Yeah the nether will probably be fucked if you think of going from 1.15-1.16. All you can do is hope it isn’t

3. Indeed, which is why I ask people who have already been able to test or who know the answer :)

4. I ran in to this problem, this probably isn't the answer you were looking for but I put it up to a vote for my players as to what the fate of the Nether should be. The majority had decided after about a week that a full reset would be helpful, but I wanted to be fair to those who had previously made works in the space, so I created a second "new nether" dimension using Multiverse and put an end-of-life announcement on the old Nether. In my mind the massive content update to the space had more benefits than keeping the old one. I am going to officially remove it from my server, as announced to my players approximately halfway through this month.