Quests API with Magic plugin

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Christophe6, May 1, 2017.

1. Hello

I'm trying to create an addon for the quests plugin. When a player casts a spell, an event gets fired.
    After that, the stage must finish. But I get an error...
    Code (Java):
    package com.christophe6.dreamworldcore;

import org.bukkit.event.EventHandler;

import com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.api.event.CastEvent;

import me.blackvein.quests.CustomObjective;

public class WandCastObjective extends CustomObjective {

public WandCastObjective() {
            this.setName("Wand Cast Objective");
            this.setAuthor("Christophe6");
            this.setEnableCount(true);
            this.setShowCount(true);
            this.setCountPrompt("Enter the amount of casts a player must do:");
            this.setDisplay("Je moet %count% keer een spreuk uitvoeren.");
        }

@EventHandler
        public void onCast(CastEvent e){
            incrementObjective(e.getMage().getPlayer(), this, 1);
        }
    }
    Code (Text):
    Could not pass event CastEvent to Quests v2.7.6-b120
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:306) ~[spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-9ba269b-c19c293]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62) ~[spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-9ba269b-c19c293]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:502) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-9ba269b-c19c293]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:487) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-9ba269b-c19c293]
            at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.spell.BaseSpell.finish(BaseSpell.java:2543) [Magic-6.9.5.jar:?]
            at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.action.CastContext.finish(CastContext.java:945) [Magic-6.9.5.jar:?]
            at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.action.ActionHandler.start(ActionHandler.java:171) [Magic-6.9.5.jar:?]
            at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.spell.ActionSpell.onCast(ActionSpell.java:138) [Magic-6.9.5.jar:?]
            at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.spell.BaseSpell.finalizeCast(BaseSpell.java:1306) [Magic-6.9.5.jar:?]
            at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.spell.BaseSpell.cast(BaseSpell.java:1185) [Magic-6.9.5.jar:?]
            at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.spell.BaseSpell.cast(BaseSpell.java:980) [Magic-6.9.5.jar:?]
            at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.spell.BaseSpell.cast(BaseSpell.java:1799) [Magic-6.9.5.jar:?]
            at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.wand.Wand.cast(Wand.java:3591) [Magic-6.9.5.jar:?]
            at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.wand.Wand.cast(Wand.java:3569) [Magic-6.9.5.jar:?]
            at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.wand.Wand.performAction(Wand.java:4861) [Magic-6.9.5.jar:?]
            at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.magic.listener.PlayerController.onPlayerInteract(PlayerController.java:538) [Magic-6.9.5.jar:?]
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:302) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-9ba269b-c19c293]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-9ba269b-c19c293]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:502) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-9ba269b-c19c293]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:487) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-9ba269b-c19c293]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_11_R1.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:234) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-9ba269b-c19c293]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_11_R1.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:201) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-9ba269b-c19c293]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_11_R1.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:197) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-9ba269b-c19c293]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:1392) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-9ba269b-c19c293]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.PacketPlayInArmAnimation.a(PacketPlayInArmAnimation.java:24) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-9ba269b-c19c293]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.PacketPlayInArmAnimation.a(PacketPlayInArmAnimation.java:1) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-9ba269b-c19c293]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.PlayerConnectionUtils$1.run(SourceFile:13) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-9ba269b-c19c293]
            at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_121]
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_121]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.SystemUtils.a(SourceFile:46) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-9ba269b-c19c293]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.MinecraftServer.D(MinecraftServer.java:747) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-9ba269b-c19c293]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.DedicatedServer.D(DedicatedServer.java:399) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-9ba269b-c19c293]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.MinecraftServer.C(MinecraftServer.java:678) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-9ba269b-c19c293]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:576) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-9ba269b-c19c293]
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_121]
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.christophe6.dreamworldcore.WandCastObjective.incrementObjective(Lorg/bukkit/entity/Player;Lme/blackvein/quests/CustomObjective;I)V
            at com.christophe6.dreamworldcore.WandCastObjective.onCast(WandCastObjective.java:22) ~[?:?]
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:302) ~[spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-9ba269b-c19c293]
            ... 38 more

2. It seems like the quests api (and plugin) is broken.

3. NathanWolf

Supporter

It's not broke, but you may need to update. The API (for a long while now) was changed to allow multiple active quests, because of this you have to pass the current Quest when incrementing an objective, like this:

Code (Text):
    incrementObjective(player, this, 1, quest);
    See here for a working example, if you like:

https://github.com/elBukkit/MagicQu...ne/bukkit/magicquests/SpellCastObjective.java

And here for current versions of Quests to build against:

https://github.com/elBukkit/MagicQuests/blob/master/pom.xml#L62

4. @NathanWolf
    Thank you for your reply!
    I saw you forked the quests plugin. Can I download it because we're currently using a buggy version.
    How would I use MagicQuests and where can I download it?

EDIT: I can't seem to find a download link for a current version of quests.

#4 Christophe6, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
  5. NathanWolf

Supporter

FlyingPikachu's version is probably more up to date than my fork:

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/quests.3711/

Is that not what you're using?

MagicQuests is my own quests module, you probably don't want it unless you happen to be using my Magic plugin :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I'm using your Magic plugin and that's the reason why I wrote that peace of code. Can I have a download?

7. NathanWolf

Supporter

8. :D
    I tried to add your Spell Cast Objective. But when I start the quest, I can't proceed after casting Vermillious. (I added "Vermillious" as spell and cast count 1)

9. NathanWolf

Supporter

Hm.. well I haven't honestly used it in a while but I think it should still be working. Try "/mage debug 8" while on the quest, then cast the spell and see what it says in your chat. Should be a bunch of debug info from the quests module.

10. @NathanWolf
    This is a part of my config file:
    Code (Text):
              custom-objectives:
                custom1:
                  name: Magic Spell Cast
                  count: 1
                  data:
                    Spell: Vermillious
    When I cast Vermillious this is the output:
    Action DamageAction: Skipped requires entity target
    Result changed from no_action to no_target
    Finish Vermillious: no_target
    Cast Vermillious from 2868,61,-1035: no_target(false)

Do you know what's wrong?

EDIT: This is the console output although everything seems good:
    Code (Text):
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Enabling Quests v2.7.6-b120
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Loaded Module: Has Active Spell by NathanWolf
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Loaded Module: Holding Magic Wand by NathanWolf
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Loaded Module: Add Magic Spell by NathanWolf
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Registered events for custom objective "Add Magic Spell"
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Loaded Module: Craft Magic Wand by NathanWolf
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Registered events for custom objective "Craft Magic Wand"
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Loaded Module: Magic Brush by NathanWolf
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Loaded Module: Magic Item by NathanWolf
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Loaded Module: Kill Magic Mob by NathanWolf
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Registered events for custom objective "Kill Magic Mob"
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Loaded Module: Magic Loot by NathanWolf
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Loaded Module: Magic Skill Points by NathanWolf
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Loaded Module: Magic Spell by NathanWolf
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Loaded Module: Magic Upgrade by NathanWolf
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Loaded Module: Magic Wand by NathanWolf
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Loaded Module: Has Wand Path by NathanWolf
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Loaded Module: Magic Spell Cast by NathanWolf
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Registered events for custom objective "Magic Spell Cast"
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Loaded Module: Has Cast Magic Spell by NathanWolf
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Loaded Module: Spell Cast by NathanWolf
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Loaded Module: Magic Spell Upgrade by NathanWolf
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Registered events for custom objective "Magic Spell Upgrade"
    [16:05:42 INFO]: [Quests] Loaded Module: Has Magic Wand by NathanWolf

ANOTHER EDIT: I think I found why your code isn't working.
    Quester quester = Quests.getInstance().getQuester(player.getUniqueId()); doesn't work and must contain a string in my version? Is that possible? I had some issues with the download of the quests plugin too? Maybe I have an old version? The download link seems broken...

#10 Christophe6, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
  11. NathanWolf

Supporter

Ah- well you have to hit something with the spell for it to count! Try shooting at a mob and see if it increments the objective?

"no_target" in debug info means you didn't hit something. Works the same way as SP gain, can't just spam the spell, it requires a successful cast.

I think the API you're working with is outdated- Quests API was changed from a String (player name) to UUID a long time ago to avoid issues with players changing IGN.

12. @NathanWolf
    I'm using the built in api of quests... the download links seems to be broken... Do you know a working link or your Quests version download?

13. NathanWolf

Supporter

I use Maven- if you do as well you can copy the pom info I linked a few posts ago. Otherwise I don't really know- guess you could just download it from the Maven repo?

14. @NathanWolf
    It's perfectly working when casting on mobs but not on npc's.
    I just want to go to the next stage whenever Vermillious is cast even if there isn't a target.
    Is that possible?

15. NathanWolf

Supporter

No, spells in general don't count unless it's a successful cast. If you'd like spells to work on NPCs, add this to spells.yml:

Code (Text):
    default:
      parameters:
        target_npc: true
    EDIT: Or if you really want, you can fork the MagicQuests module and change the way that works. Basically just remove the line that checks for success and built it:

https://github.com/elBukkit/MagicQu...ukkit/magicquests/SpellCastObjective.java#L37