RAM usage slowly increases!!!

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by hiimurfather, Jul 2, 2015.

1. I'm currently hosting my server on a Cloud Server with 6gb RAM, 3 cores
    Everything was fine but I saw that RAM slowly increases about 0.1-0.3mb every few minutes. I left it over night and the server crashed and lagged out my Cloud Server.
    Start command:
    Code (Text):
    java -server -Xmx4G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar spigot.jar nogui
    I'm using Spigot 1649
    Essentials, Itemizer, EnchantAPI, FrameProtect, WorldEdit, AntiXRay, LuckyBlocks, NBTEditor, ClearLag, AutoMessage,CommandLog, NametagEdit, EnchantPotionPack, ProtocolLib, WorldGuard, AutoSaveWorld, NoCheatPlus, Shopkeepers, AntiAd, Essentials Protect, EssentialsChat, BanItem, PermissionsEx, EnchantActivePack, PTweaks, InsaneMobs, Vault, EssentialsSpawn, MassiveCore, EnchantPassivePack, AreaShop, Jobs, HolographicDisplays, LWC, VipZero, PlayerPoints, HideAndCustomPlugins, HolographicDisplaysPatch, ChestCommands, ChestShop, Authme, Factions, CombatLog, ScoreboardStats
    Also when a player join, it uses more RAM but when the player left, the RAM is still the same. It doesn't free the usage.
    Please help!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. And some kind of magic uses Cloud Server's RAM even when I turned off the server.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Disable all your plugins to see if they are the cause.

4. I tried, and still nothing.

5. I had same.

Changed start line to normal.

screen -s "Survival" java -Xmx32G -XX:MaxPermSize=128M -jar Survival.jar

6. Do you have any other process running on your server like Webservers, TeamSpeak etc?

7. I have nothing running except my Minecraft server.

8. How many players do you have online at a time and please post your timings.

9. Actually my server is working. There was no one on the server, only staffs and about 1 or 2 players join to test out or do stuff. And sorry but I don't understand what do you mean about time.

10. Do "/timings on" when you notice the increase of RAM then wait for an hour or so then do "/timings paste" and post the link here and we'll take a look.

11. Done, heres the link: http://timings.aikar.co/?url=11809601

12. How do I fix it? Also the player RAM

13. If your server only has 32Gb ram; don't allocate 32Gb ram to the VM... Simples. Leave 3 or 4 gig for the operating system and other processes.

Also specify the initial starting amount to something like 1Gb... -Xms1G

That will stop the cloud server lagging out.

14. Update to the latest 1.8.7 build.

15. Is there another way? Because we almost finish our server but updating to 1.8.7 build we will have to do almost everything again.

16. I said you what is causing issue.
    Change start line.

17. It use even more RAM

18. I had 100% same issue as you, now with this start line i have 1,4 GB usage with 200 players on board

19. Updating doesn't delete the world. Also if it is a plugin problem, just update your plugins to 1.8.7.