1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Bukkit Bug Random Nether Portals

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by AngellitoX, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Hello! In my server i'm having a Random Nether portals spawning randomly in normal world and in Nether world too... I don't really know if it's a bug or not... But...

Is there a manner to disable the random spawn from that portals? What i want is this:

Build a portal in the spawn from the normal world and build a portal from the nether world, I already tried now but when I enter to the portal from the normal world I appear in a different portal. I break it and try it again and happens the same thing :/

Please help me!

Thank you!

2. md_5

Administrator Developer

That is what often happens. This is either vanilla or @EdGruberman and CraftBukkit. Leaning towards Vanilla behaviour.

3. I forgot to say it, I'm using Spigot Built #485. Do you know how to fix it? or some plugin for that?

4. SpaZMonKeY777

Wiki Team

Have you disabled the Nether in the server.properties? I know this sounds like a silly question, but I had an issue like this where we had disabled the normal world_nether and use a multiverse nether, but whenever someone killed the Enderdragon, the portal it spawned was causing players to warp to the main world via a nether portal.

It made no sense, and it created dozens of random portals throughout our main world. Probably something totally different from your problem, but I thought I would toss it out there.

5. Hello and thanks for your comment!

I have enabled the nether from server.properties. The error started when I deleted the Nether folder from the Minecraft Server Folder. I tried to set back the old folder but it didn't work either.

:c I'm becoming crazy haha

6. I uploaded this video to see what's my error. I enter to a portal, I go to nether fine, but when I try to back to world, I spawn in a cave :/ I checked around the cave and there isn't no portal.