1.17.x Read sign lines on a Chest

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by TheFischPlayz, Jun 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey everybody

I try to code a simple chest lock plugin with a Sign.
    but how can i let the chest read the sign?
    Because something like e.getClickedBlock doesn't work because clicked block is the chest not the sign..

Code and error message here: https://hastebin.com/utugukokin.properties

Thanks for help :)

2. SteelPhoenix

so just check for and get the sign attached to the block?

3. It do a check if there is a sign on chest but how can i get the lines from the sign on chest i searched but doesnt find anything helpful

4. In your code, you're getting the state of the block that's clicked(the chest), not the sign you just checked for(in a questionable manner, I might add). Hence why you're getting the error that you can't cast a chest to a sign.

5. Okay.. yea its a "questionable manner" because i dont know how i should get all the wall signs in a simple code because there are many other than oak signs

And how can i get the state of the sign ?

6. The same way you already doing it, except with the correct block.

7. PlayerInteractEvent.getBlock() ?

8. p.s.
    Code (Java):
                    if (block.getRelative(BlockFace.valueOf(faces[i])).getType().toString().toLowerCase().contains("sign")) {
    This is dum af
    Code (Java):
                    if (block.getRelative(BlockFace.valueOf(faces[i])).getState() instanceof Sign) {

9. ?

10. Thanks, one problem less :)

11. I think it´s nice of you to help him improve his code but you could be a little more polite while doing so

12. Omg.. thanks now i get it

Thanks to all :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.