Spigot Real Villager Towns 1.6

Get rid of the dumb MC villagers, and replace them with Sims style players!

1. smmmadden

Benefactor

Thanks @Shano_dekono - turns out it was related to a change that md_5 did with nms for Spigot according to Billy. I was having issues with Ridables on the latest build of Paper (488) and it was throwing up exceptions. I just downgraded to build 481 and now the villagers are "skinned" properly.

The /rvt does throw an IndexOutOfBoundsException if there is no option following it. (e.g. /rvt likes - no error)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Whatever u do don't use Paper build 489 I found a major bug with it (already reported)

#62 Alter-Ego, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Seems like some villagers spawn with skins while others don't, is there a way to purge all custom villagers? Cause the ones without skins could've been from when they spawned in the game before i had libsdisguises added at one point. Will deleting the saves.yml be the same as purging spawned in villagers, is that how it's done?

Also some villagers seem to be spawning in the ocean suggesiton to make it so they can't spawn in certain biomes/around certain blocks

#63 Alter-Ego, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  4. Not sure what caused this one

Code (Text):
    [02:06:54 WARN]: java.lang.NullPointerException
    [02:06:54 WARN]:        at io.hotmail.com.jacob_vejvoda.RVT.RVT.onPlayerClick(RVT.java:858)
    [02:06:54 WARN]:        at com.destroystokyo.paper.event.executor.asm.generated.GeneratedEventExecutor862.execute(Unknown Source)
    [02:06:54 WARN]:        at org.bukkit.plugin.EventExecutor$2.execute(EventExecutor.java:70)
    [02:06:54 WARN]:        at co.aikar.timings.TimedEventExecutor.execute(TimedEventExecutor.java:78)
    [02:06:54 WARN]:        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
    [02:06:54 WARN]:        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:513)
    [02:06:54 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:2296)
    [02:06:54 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.PacketPlayInWindowClick.a(SourceFile:33)
    [02:06:54 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.PacketPlayInWindowClick.a(SourceFile:10)
    [02:06:54 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.PlayerConnectionUtils.lambda$ensureMainThread$0(PlayerConnectionUtils.java:12)
    [02:06:54 WARN]:        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
    [02:06:54 WARN]:        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    [02:06:54 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.SystemUtils.a(SystemUtils.java:109)
    [02:06:54 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:1016)
    [02:06:54 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.DedicatedServer.b(DedicatedServer.java:439)
    [02:06:54 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:943)
    [02:06:54 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:841)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. smmmadden

Benefactor

I'm seeing the same exception interacting with the villagers. Also tried to rename them and looks like the name_tag doesn't work on them and the names appear to be fixed.

6. I haven't even found a village, yet I am getting the errors I captured in the image below. Seems to be repeating.

Attached Files:

7. Hmm is this happening for anyone else, NPC's are bugging out like endermen?

Could this setting in paper.yml be affecting it,
    Code (YAML):
    prevent-moving-into-unloaded-chunks: true
    since npcs might be looked at as players it maybe means they can't spawn in nearby unloaded chunks or something unless that's normal? Thought I'd report it anyway

EDIT - Just found something else, even after RVT is removed villagers keep spawning? How do I stop this?

Nvm regenerating libsdisguises folder seems to have fixed it

#67 Alter-Ego, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  8. Yes, if you turn off the server then remove the saves file it will reset.

9. This was happening even after I restarted the server, I'm just removing RVT for now until I have more time to test it

#69 Alter-Ego, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  10. smmmadden

Benefactor

@Eliminator - any reason why when I restart my server I keep getting these nasty exceptions on the save.yml file?
    https://hastebin.com/gifodigedo.sql
    I saw above that deleting the file fixes it for other cases, but why should we need to? There is also the other exception reported above that shows up on startup. I'm using PaperSpigot 1.13.2 Build 481 (since newer builds break other things atm).

11. The Paper Builds after 489 have been fixed it was only build 489 that was breaking things at that time and has since been fixed after I reported it, build 492 works great just so u know ;)

12. smmmadden

Benefactor

@Shano_dekono - any build after 488 breaks ridables. Waiting on Billy to do another build, so I'm stuck lingering for now.

13. Oh I assumed u meant there was something wrong with the Paper builds themselves cause all they did was update against the latest API I think.
    I haven't had any problems with ridables come up my self but then again I haven't tested it lately so I'll let u know how i go when i do some testing, but all my other plugins work fine in latest paper so I wouldn't say that paper broke anything per say (other than in build 489 where mobs where spazzing out like enderman everywhere) but rather, the plugin is out of date and needs to be updated, paper itself works fine :)
    I was just confused as to how you worded it that's all. Take care

14. smmmadden

Benefactor

15. Ah I see is build 481 the last working paper build that works with it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. So the console error logs I posted earlier are directly tied to the the player's inventory. Everytime I move or click on any object within my inventory those errors are thrown out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. hmm even though ive removed RVT the villagers are spawniung everywhere in my world like crazy i think its broken my server.

EDIT - Actually they could be the villagers that were spawned in last time ill do some more investigating
    EDIT - There were 522 or so villagers in one spot that wouldn't despawn I've deleted them now hmm they must have been there from when the plugin spawned them in and i must have forgotten to manually remove the entities in that area all is well now

#77 Alter-Ego, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  18. smmmadden

Benefactor

I just noticed they are spawning all over in my test world as well, not just in the villages. Glad I didn't put this into production yet. :-(

19. Ah so it's not just me then, that narrows things down a bit i was worried that it could have been another plugin.
    Turns out it didn't break my server, (I had backups anyway) I just had to manually delete the old villagers that were still there (it looked llike they were still spawning) with "/essentials:killall passive world"

I suggest to the author after fixing this (too many undreds of villagers spawning) to make the plugin save villagers (that were spawned by the plugin) into a database so that if the plugin has any bugs then the server owner could remove the villagers spawned by the plugin with a command eg: "/rvt remove villagers"

20. Looks like a bug, I will get it fixed.