Premium RealisticSeasons | 1.16.3-1.18.1 | Seasons in your minecraft world | With temperature and...

Discussion in 'Resource Discussion' started by CasperSwagerman, Jul 18, 2021.

1. CasperSwagerman updated RealisticSeasons | 1.16.3-1.17.1 | Seasons in your minecraft world! with a new update entry:

Another bug fix

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. Hey, @CasperSwagerman

I know that you recently added customizable messages for each season change, but I was wondering if you could add the option to disable seasonal change messages? I also look forward to buying your plugin. You have no idea how long I've been waiting for something like this!

3. Hey luigi_pants! That is exactly the same reason why I started developing this plugin! Spigot really lacked a good season plugin, each plugin is pretty good with its unique features, but there was nothing that had everything combined. About your question: there is an option in the config so you can disable it: "send-message-on-season-cycle: true". If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to answer them!

• Like Like x 1
  4. CasperSwagerman updated RealisticSeasons | 1.16.3-1.17.1 | Seasons in your minecraft world! with a new update entry:

Important bug fix and option in the config to change which biomes should/shouldn't be affected

5. Hello, @CasperSwagerman

I was wondering what I would put if I didn't want any biomes to be affected in certain seasons in the config.

For the following config file, what would be the correct syntax if I didn't want any biomes?
    Code (Text):
      fall:
        dont-affect-tree-colors:
        - BADLANDS
        - OCEAN
        - GRAVELLY_MOUNTAINS
        - PLAINS
    Would it look like this?
    Code (Text):
     fall:
        dont-affect-tree-colors:
        - []
    Also, could you give a better explanation of what these sections mean in the config or explain them here?
    dont-affect-any-plants:
    biomes-without-winter:
    dont-affect-tree-colors:
    completely-no-colours:
    biomes-with-pink-trees:

Thanks!

6. Hello Luigi_pants! If you don't want any biomes on the list, the syntax should be:
    Code (YAML):
    fall:
        dont-affect-tree-colors
    :
       - NONE
    Here is an explanation to all options:

spring:
    biomes-with-pink-trees: every biome on this list will have their trees turn pink in spring.

Fall:
    completely-no-colours: all biomes on this list will look just like vanilla in fall. This will also include tree colours.
    dont-affect-tree-colors: all biomes on this list will have their trees look like vanilla in fall. The ground in these biomes will still get the darker colour just as any biome in fall.

Winter:
    biomes-without-winter: all biomes on this list won't be affected by winter. This includes no freezing, no snowing and no biome colours.

General:
    dont-affect-any-plants: all biomes on this list won't have their plants affected in any season. This includes the extra flowers in spring, berry bushes in summer, mushrooms in fall and overall grass regrowth.

Hope this answers your questions!

7. Unfortunately, the snow remains after the winter. Can you please change that quickly? it’s funny when in summer it snows around lies that makes the whole plugin unrealistic

8. Hi Max1602! I'm sorry you are having issues with my plugin. Snow should always get removed after winter. Are you flying through your world, or just walking/standing still? The plugin won't update blocks around players that are flying (fast) to prevent extreme lag. If not, it is a bug and I will help you resolve the issue.

9. I stand and the snow unfortunately does not go away or only partially in the water everything works

10. Strange, what is the value of "delay-per-operation" in your config?

11. CasperSwagerman updated RealisticSeasons | 1.16.3-1.17.1 | Seasons in your minecraft world! with a new update entry:

New placeholders, animal bug fixes

12. CasperSwagerman updated RealisticSeasons | 1.16.3-1.17.1 | Seasons in your minecraft world! with a new update entry:

ProtocolLib and bug fixes

13. delay-per-operation: 4

14. Thanks for the video! I think I know what the issue is and it should be an easy fix. In what biome are you in the video (in f3)?

15. [​IMG]
    biome: savanna_plateau

https://ibb.co/fMH90Py

#35 Max1602, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  16. Interesting, could you send me a copy of your config.yml (privately)? With the default config snowing works fine in savanna_plateau.

17. I will first test the days best if the plugin has problems with other plugins. Chunk claim plugin which has a world protection. And other plugins might be the reasons. I have not changed anything to your config file

18. CasperSwagerman updated RealisticSeasons | 1.16.3-1.17.1 | Seasons in your minecraft world! with a new update entry:

World restorer and bug fixes

19. Let me know if you find something! If you can't, the new version of my plugin contains a debug function that tells me more about what is happening. Let the new version run for a while and do /rs debugchunk in a chunk where the snow isn't going away. It should send you a message, let me know what it says!

20. How does the mob spawner chance option work? I've lowered it to 2, then 1, then 0.01 on the latest build and I find there's often more seasonal mobs than normal mods. I also see a lot of cases of mobs spawning on top of buildings and trees.

Also, any chance we could get an option to remove the pumpkin from all spawned snow golems? Would make Winter look a little friendlier :)

#40 QuarterLife, Aug 6, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2021