Really Spigot, you blocked me?

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by saphiria, Jun 11, 2016.

1. saphiria

Artist

So, I have been blocked for a while on Spigot. I know this was CloudFlare, but why? Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 11.56.41 AM.png

2. CloudFlare probably automatically blocked you, I doubt it was Spigot directly.

EDIT: In fact, if you look at the full message you will see what happened.
    [​IMG]

3. saphiria

Artist

Yeah, I know it was CloudFlare (tab said it). But, do you know why it might see me as a threat?

4. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. The coolness-filter has attacked!

6. JamesJ

Supporter

Debatable..

If you were opening lots of tabs at once, or sending multiple repeated requests, you may of been blocked. Incapsula often does that with me for some random reason, clearing your cookies usually does the trick when it comes to Incapsula.

7. Usually on my browser I have tons of Spigot tabs and I haven't been blocked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MineCove

Patron

Cloudfare blocked you, not Spigot. Dunno why the deceptive title

9. cloudflare doesnt like pink trees.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mmmmh,

When I got 500 alerts I open around, 150 of them, got 150 tabs open, then I start viewing them all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Mobile connections can be fun, you'll do captchas all day.

12. JamesJ

Supporter

Not having lots of tabs open, opening lots at once.

13. MiniDigger

Supporter

I always use my laptop when traveling around in the city during the day to access spigot and never had any captchas. (using wlan and a normal data connection)

14. I'm having UMTS/LTE in mind... mostly variations of...
    * Your ray beam thing id is md5(5 seconds later) ... (iterating over)... [old]
    * Select all pictures with trees/grass/trees/shops~ ... [new]

And of course all sorts of maven repo failures... getting locked out essentially. That's likely due to the ips having been used by others before. Couple of ips also end up on spam lists etc.