Recommend a VPN?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Kurosuna, May 17, 2018.

1. Hello, I'm looking for some VPN recommendations. I would prefer one that will work with Minecraft because I am currently not able to have my VPN in use while playing.

2. I don't think a VPN is suitable for any Game Environments.
    With any VPN, speeds will suffer due to the TAP adapter that is installed. Since being a "virtual" adapter. When PIA is installed, so is a virtual Ethernet adapter (the TAP adapter) Unfortunately, like with all VPNs, this speed is limited. Once the speed reaches approx 200 Mbps your CPU will begin to take a heavy load. So if you are accustomed to a faster rate of speed such as a Gbps, currently there is not a TAP adapter in existence that will run at that speed.

3. The problem that I'm having is that I'm not able to log into my account when I have a VPN active. I believe Mojang blocks VPN connections, but I heard someone able to use a VPN and play Minecraft.

4. I don't think the EODSteven guy knows what he is talking about, but he is on the right track - just the wrong forum to talk about gigabit speeds.

Your VPN will only reach speeds as fast as the VPN server allows for (not the tap adapter - it is efficient low latency). Then your latency is also determined by how far away you are from the VPNs server along with the type of compression/encryption used.

For gaming on minecraft VPNs work great & are usually just fine. Bungee proxies are essentially like a vpn (proxy) anyway. If you want the best speeds mullvan & pia both usually work up to around 50Mbps from my testing. All you'll be using when gaming is around 1Mbps & lower. I prefer mullvad for privacy & better uptime.

5. I guess your right @Cisnet . This being a Forum about Servers, (Spigot) I assumed Op was talking about running a Server with a VPN. Op added additional information that you benefited from.

#5 EODSteven, May 18, 2018 at 11:17 AM
    Last edited: May 18, 2018 at 11:35 AM
  6. Just go to Mojang and verify your account with the VPN active. https://account.mojang.com/me/challenge