recommended TLD?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by jessegeerts, May 7, 2015.

1. Hey guys

I am looking For an recommended tld for my server called prisonworld but i was thinking abot .net

And is the name nice?

2. Is it a network, or?

3. In terms of popularity, always go for the .com's first, then to the .net's, and then to the .org's. If there are none of these tld's available, might want to think of another name. And on that topic, prisonworld is an ok name, however you may want to think of a more unique name, as your current one sounds a bit generic. Of course this is just my opinion, if prisonworld is really calling your name, than go for it ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I checked and the .com, .net and the .org is already taken =/

5. Try something new! I'm not sure, but you might be able to get a .world domain... prison.world seems 1337 to me!

6. The 3 big TLDs that absolutely everyone knows are generally what you should go with. You could get away with using a lesser known TLD if you use it creatively.

7. You could try to get a .network tld, so if your network is called BlahNetwork, try to get blah.network?, etc.

8. i bought yet an .ovh domain :)