Regarding the EULA

Discussion in 'Drama' started by Casidesigns, May 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wasn't there something about unbans not being allowed?

2. trkey

Patron

An unban package is allowed, but selling the ability to unban is prohibited.

3. Makes sense. And isn't Cobalt also breaking the EULA by selling /smite, along with in-game currencies?

5. It isn't a specific part of the server, you need to logout and join the other server if you want to use the rank perks.

According to Mojang, a different server is when you logout of the server, go to the multiplayer screen and join another server, so Cobalt is EULA compliant.

6. You may make a different server which features “premium” areas, and charge for access to that server instead, but the benefits cannot carry between servers.

Literally the second sentence from the Q&A.

7. Well, I'm not CobaltMC's owner, so...

RIP my idea of using BungeeCord to separate the ranks and then pointing all Bungees to the same server. :(

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Oh no, I know you aren't, wasn't trying to be hostile. :)

Don't stress, there are always other ways.

9. You could get a custom plugin to hide players from each other based on the IP they went from, as an example -
    Player1 joins from play.randomserver.com - Is forwarded to same server as all other IPs, but cannot see players joining from other IPs
    Player2 joins from PREMIMSWEG.randomserver.com - Is forwarded to same server as all other IPs, but cannot see players from other IPs, including Player1.

That way you don't have to sync across all servers, and in theory, it is compliant :D

(this is a major joke)

10. What if disguises are gameplay affecting, like on a Factions server? Are we only allowed to sell cosmetics and disguises regardless if they are gameplay-affecting on our gametype?

11. Not every think :/

12. Is selling /thou (go through walls) and /fast (place blocks on nothing) for creative servers allowed?

13. wtf, so I can't sell ranks OR unbans?

14. MiniDigger

Supporter

lol, thats a surpirse to you?....

15. the fuck are mojang playing at?

16. MiniDigger

Supporter

the fuck are you playing at. Unbanning potential hacker for money, nice idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. I was talking about ranks but kden

18. You can sell ranks, as long as those ranks themselves comply with the EULA.

19. ah k

20. Offering unbans is a good idea (Except it violates the EULA). Players paying money to be unbanned shows commitment to the server. Example: Someone who hacked, then got banned. If they have some commitment, they'll pay for an unban. If they don't care about the server, they'll move on and remain permanently banned.

Of course you must have a ban appeals method because some players may be banned by an abusive staff member or by mistake

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.