Spigot Regionerator 2.3.0

Gradual deletion of unvisited terrain

1. I tried but it has no effect - I still have over 4,000 chunks and I'm starting to run out of disk space on the host

2. I'm assuming you're currently in the data gather period for visit duration. You can check when deletion will start by using /regionerator with no parameters. If the date is not to your liking, you'll need to adjust down the visit duration and delete delete-this-to-reset-plugin for that world.

If you want more help than that, I'm going to need hard info like your config and the output of /regionerator.

I should probably include a command to purge world settings and data ingame, much harder to manually clear flags for a specific world now.

3. I was thinking about something like this - such a command would have come to a halt - if you could have thought about the command forcing the immediate removal of chunks - and e.g. in the config file you only had to specify what chunks to remove: 2-3-4 .... days not visited. then it would waste 3 days and no more visited, without waiting for the auto-delete settings, e.g. 20 days

4. Not a bad idea, but definitely one for the back burner. While Regionerator's aim is to pare down and refresh worlds, protecting players' interests has always been the highest priority so manual deletion triggering hasn't been on my radar.

If you're trying to pare down your world fast, you can temporarily either use a lower visit duration or mess around with delete-this-to-reset-plugin - that's a long timestamp for when deletion should start.

5. and just - I have the latest version of the plugin and I was looking for this command in the configuration: delete-this-to-reset-plugin. it's not there - and I don't know which section to put in. As for my idea - I know that this command is dangerous for player regions - but there is a section that protects cuboids: hooks. so I think that using such a command would result in the removal of covetals that were not infected with cuboids

6. Region deletion you will instantly see. Chunk deletion does not reduce region file size until the chunk is completely rewritten by the server and the orphaned section is removed entirely.

7. Getting this on a fresh install. 1.15.2 Paper

Tried deleting db file and letting it recreate, same errors

[10:38:17] [Server thread/INFO]: [Regionerator] Debug level: MEDIUM
    [10:38:17] [Server thread/ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling Regionerator v2.0.1 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while setting up the database
    at com.github.jikoo.regionerator.ChunkFlagger.<init>(ChunkFlagger.java:53) ~[?:?]
    at com.github.jikoo.regionerator.Regionerator.onEnable(Regionerator.java:47) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:263) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-284]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:364) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-284]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:483) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-284]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_15_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugin(CraftServer.java:472) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-284]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_15_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:386) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-284]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_15_R1.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:488) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-284]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_15_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:298) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-284]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_15_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:897) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-284]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_252]
    Caused by: org.sqlite.SQLiteException: [SQLITE_ERROR] SQL error or missing database (near "ON": syntax error)
    at org.sqlite.core.DB.newSQLException(DB.java:941) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-284]
    at org.sqlite.core.DB.newSQLException(DB.java:953) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-284]
    at org.sqlite.core.DB.throwex(DB.java:918) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-284]
    at org.sqlite.core.NativeDB._exec_utf8(Native Method) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-284]
    at org.sqlite.core.NativeDB._exec(NativeDB.java:94) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-284]
    at org.sqlite.jdbc3.JDBC3Statement.executeUpdate(JDBC3Statement.java:109) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-284]
    at com.github.jikoo.regionerator.ChunkFlagger.<init>(ChunkFlagger.java:43) ~[?:?]
    ... 10 more

8. Cannot reproduce. I assume #21 is your GH issue, so if you could keep the discussion in one place that'd be super.

9. Jikoo updated Regionerator with a new update entry:

Outdated SQLite Compatibility

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ayyyyy, you the man. I was advised not to manually update the sqlite version as it could potentially mess with the iocage mineos plugin

Thanks a bunch

11. and what is the command to bypass the process in the new version?

12. LoneDev

Benefactor

hey @Jikoo , sorry for bothering.

do you think it's a cool idea to add some sort of special block that if placed would make the chunk "protected" from deletions even if not claimed with claim plugins?

my users are asking for it, idk if it's possible without adding that feature to the plugin

13. Loading chunks to check blocks makes the chances of Regionerator successfully deleting chunks pretty much nil. Without version-specific code, block tracking, or much heavier region reading and analysis that's not possible. The current equivalent would be to add a PreciousStones field that doesn't do anything, but that's a lot of overhead for tracking a single block type.

14. Hi there, can you add a start deletion command? I really don't want to wait until a certain date sometimes. I'm currently in need of cleaning some regions. Out of storage.

15. That is tentatively planned for the future, but not a high priority for me - the gather period only occurs when Regionerator is installed.

16. Hello,
    I am a little confused about this plugin, but from what I understand this is exactly what I am looking for. I do have a few questions I would like to ask though. Does this remove the regions as the server is running, or does it delete them from the world file as it runs and then implements those revisions after a restart? Also I am confused what requirements need to be met in order for a region to be deleted. For example, sometimes the chunks have a visit stats of orphaned, visited, or unvisited. What I am looking for is all the chunks to be deleted/reset when the server restarts other than the chunks that have claims. From my multiple tests so far the greifing I have done is still there, but I am sure I just have the configuration set up incorrectly. Sorry for the long message, but I couldn't find help anywhere online. Maybe make a wiki in free time?
    Thank you!

17. Regionerator runs deletion while the server is running. It isn't 100% guaranteed success (any region that has loaded chunks will probably just overwrite its changes), but given enough shots it usually does a pretty decent job.
    You probably shouldn't be seeing the visited status based on what you said you're looking for - your visit duration should be set to 0 if you do not want to allow activity to temporarily protect area. I believe they're relatively self-explanatory. Unvisited is area that is has not been visited or protected, eligible for delete. Orphaned is area that is orphaned on disk, has not yet been written to disk.
    There's a FAQ, but more documentation means more work for me both in creating it and then keeping it up to date. I don't mind questions, and if I get the same thing too often I throw it in there. Maybe one day, but probably only once I consider Regionerator to be feature-complete.

18. Thank you for your quick response. I am just confused because so far I have not seen any chunks deleted. I believe the plugin works since most people seem to rate it pretty good, I just don't know if I have the config set up correctly. As for the wiki, I understand completely. I am going to keep trying to figure out what is going wrong, but If I have any questions could I pm you about them?
    Thanks again

19. Absolutely, yeah. I do prefer to keep questions in here so people can search the thread, but DM is fine.

20. Hi there, so now the plugin has been deleting since 29th of May. However, I don't see any decrease in filesize, despite the fact that the world is closed to players. Is there a bug?