Renaming/moving Spigot folder?

Discussion in 'Systems Administration' started by wabbastang, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Been running a vanilla server for quite awhile and moved to Spigot recently. Initially set Spigot up with the intentions of it being a trial run (in c:\mctemp), and it was working well enough to go into production, so I renamed to c:\spigot and everything seemed fine. Now I try to update to 1.12.1 and it fails; after skimming back thru the window I spotted a couple references to the original install folder:

Rebuilding Forked projects....
    fatal: 'C:/mctemp/Bukkit' does not appear to be a git repository

Same for /CraftBukkit, It's trying to locate the original /mctemp install folder .... I can't figure out where it's getting this from as it doesn't seem to be in any config files anywhere, what am I missing?

2. run.bat for the BuildTools? Check the code inside.

3. Are you trying to use the buildtools rather than the server jar? It so follow the instructions on he main page for how to run build tools to get the server jar

4. Yes, I was trying to use buildtools to compile the server jar. As I said i have had spigot running fine and know how to build the jar file. The problem is that renaming the spigot/buildtools folder seems to break buildtools to compile the new version.

I tried using buildtoolsGUI for whatever reason, and it was successful. So I don't know why it worked, other than it was a fresh instance with no existing files (even though when trying to compile via the command line I deleted /buildtools and /builddata first), but now all is up to date.

5. I personally would first check into the buildtools run command for appropriate paths.