Repository Moving

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md_5

Administrator Developer

EDIT: The repo's have been moved, please access them at their new locations

As part of our previously announced plans to consolidate all SpigotMC projects into one GitHub account, the following projects will be moved to https://github.com/SpigotMC/ later today.
    Thankfully GitHub now provides full redirection from the old links to the new links, however these redirects may not be around forever, so I advise you all to please update any git remotes, and edit any posts / threads to include the new locations as you see fit - if you see links to the old locations, please file a report and our staff will edit accordingly.

Thanks for your cooperation
    ~Spigot Team

#1 md_5, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
    • Like Like x 9
    • Useful Useful x 3
  2. Just a question, why was it in EcoCityCraft in the first place?

3. CustomForms

Retired Supporter

Http://Ecocitycraft.com
    That's where it all started.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I believe spigot, or whatever it was called back then. Was originally made for EcoCityCraft, andrewkm had jenkins, github and a domain for it as it was a private project. Then it became public and was named Spigot...

Don't quote me on any of this...

#4 Suicidal_Tissue, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  5. md_5

Administrator Developer

As short a possible summary of the origins as Spigot:
    CraftBukkit++ existed as a high performance CraftBukkit replacement, it was good, but messy and slow to update. If you paid the developer you could get your untested, buggy and pointless feature in. andrewkm (EcoCItyCraft Owner) wanted something based on the same principles but more slimline and faster to update. CraftBukkit-- at first intended as a small time satire against it was created, complete with auto updating to latest CraftBukkit, it was used by andrew and half a dozen other owners. It was then posted on Spout forums, got laughed at a bit, but eventually took off as people left CB++. EvilSeph got mad and demanded it be renamed, and thus Spigot was born. CB++ was then discontinued in favour of Spigot, and the thread grew to nearly 100 pages, as I recall. We then moved to these forums, but the source stayed at EcoCityCraft. Now that Spigot has grown much bigger and encompasses so much more, for the sake of professionalism and to account for anything else we develop (BungeeCord), its been moved to SpigotMC.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. Good old times..

7. its silly to say good old times when its even better now!

8. Why not run an SQL query on all the posts?

9. md_5

Administrator Developer

Because then you have to rebuild search indexes and other fun stuff. Xen 1.2 will have a nice find and replace thing.

10. Mmmmm, xenForo 1.2.

11. I nothing understand..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.