Request Dedicated Servers Tips

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by PengBread, May 5, 2018.

1. What's the best dedicated server for 70+ players with around 80+ plugins server?
    Any tips? Currently my server is running on i7-4790K dedi and it lags when server reaches 65 + players.

Amount of plugins : 85
    World size: 15k x 15k
    Amount of worlds: 5 < nether, end , mainworld, extra 2 small worlds for sub features
    Allocated memory: 20GB
    Memory had in the dedi : 32GB

Timings:
    https://timings.spigotmc.org/?url=vonuqoxova

2. I would recommend investing into optimizing your plugins, and Spigot it’s self. What type of network is your dedi running on? What Host?

You might consider upgrading the CPU. If you need some more help or some more personalized advice feel free to PM me and I’ll be happy to give you a hand.

3. Its a survival server and I'm using ExtraVM's dedi service [ I know they resell SYS but reason I get it is because I can't seem to buy SYS dedi from my country ].

4. HDD's or SSD's? You can buy the Dedi from SYS but it'll be hosted in a different country?

5. There a couple areas you could improve:

1) Rent better/more CPU and RAM from your host.
    2) Invest in hiring developers to recode some of your heavier plugins for you, as many public Minecraft plugins are not super optimized since they are mostly made by people that are still learning how to code.
    3) Depending on how much revenue you are generating, you could build yourself a custom server rig and host your server yourself. This is the same as building a regular computer, except you should buy a really nice CPU, 1 fast SSD to hold all your server data and a sufficient amount of RAM for your player base, other components are not as important in a server rig.