Resolved - How to get the portal block/item in 1.8?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Diamond_King099, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Before 1.8, I was able to use "/give <me> portal" and I would receive a nether portal, which I could place for use in MiniGame portals, etc. This no longer works in 1.8, as (according to the Wiki) portal blocks are no longer obtainable via command. The same goes for End portals.

How does one get these blocks nowadays? All the big hub servers have 'em...there must be a way...

2. You can still WorldEdit them in, you simply can no longer have them in your inventory. I'm sure if you spawn a different item, edit the name and texture sent to the client they could make it happen but other than that, WorldEdit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. What would be the command and id's or inserting portal blocks using world edit?

4. They've disabled a lot of blocks in 1.8 that were unobtainable without commands. Since the portals don't stay if you try to edit more than one next to eachother, download essentials and /stoplag. That should prevent the portals from disappearing when you worldedit them in.

• Like Like x 1
  5. If you use //fast from WorldEdit you don't need Essentials

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. when you use stoplag they spawn in sideways -.- any type of fix for that

7. I just wouldn't use /stoplag if I were you... It messes up all kinds of stuff.

8. the stop lag doesn't work. ill post a picture of what it does unless i need to rotate it

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I do //fast then //set portal then //fast again
    Works for me! If it's sideways do //set portal:2

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. blocks that are strictly blocks and not items, are changed in 1.8 so you can no longer have them in your inventory
    for example you must use a water bucket, because water-source is not obtainable
    /setblock x y z portal

• Like Like x 1
  11. That works... but how do you rotate a portal block? WorldEdit's //rotate command has no effect on it.

12. portal blocks don't rotate they change client side depending on other blocks around

13. Actually, I know this thread is real old, but to change the rotation of the portal, do //set portal:<number>

I do that, and it changes the rotation of the block.

#14 ScipioGothicus, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Just do with worldedit //set 90
    If works :D

15. It works for me, thanks so much!!!

16. Once again I know this is so old but is there a way to make it so they don't take me to the nether? For e.g. I just want them to run through it and that's it. For decor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.