Suggestion Resource Collaborators/Teams

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by Lorenzo0111, Jun 19, 2021.

?

Would you add a collaborator?

1. Yes

76.5%
  2. Not sure

23.5%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Spigot is the biggest plugins repository, it would be a great idea adding Resource collaborators.
    There are lots of cases where there are more than one maintainer for a resource but only one can edit the resource and post updates.
    What is a collaborator?
    A collaborator is someone who can do specific things with a resource. A resource author can add it from a separated panel or in the edit resource section.
    What can a collaborator do?
    A collaborator can edit resources, post updates, manage premium buyers.
    How do you plan adding it to spigotmc?
    This feature is ready to be posted because xenforo has already added it to the resource manager plugin. I saw someone who already suggested it and this is the md's answer. Maybe now it would be added.

• Like Like x 2
  2. md_5

Administrator Developer

Sadly we run XF1 and were told by developers it was not feasible to implement. No, upgrading is not feasible either.

We allow the creation of team accounts for this purpose instead.

3. SteelPhoenix

Note that this has to be requested and approved first by emailing [email protected]

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Andre_601

Supporter

What is the actual main reason for not upgrading to XF2? Money? Possibility of stuff breaking? Both?

Would love to hear an official reason behind why Spigot stays with XF1 beyond its LTS time, instead of only guessing the reasons on my end.

5. SteelPhoenix

A lot of addons and other modifications are custom made and/or tweaked for spigot. Porting everything to XF2 would require a large amount of time and money. As long as the forum keeps functioning and there are no (major) issues that can't be fixed easily, there is no need to update. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Note that I do not know if this is (still) accurate, but it's the last I heard of it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. So if someone creates an addon to implement that feature it could be added?