Question Resource rating report button removed?

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by clip, May 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clip

Benefactor

Hey, i just noticed a review on one of my resources that was made by someone who either doesnt know how to read and follow directions or is just dumb. When going to report the said review i noticed the report button was gone. Was this intentionally removed and if so why?

2. MineCove

Patron

This needed an annoucement, here's your answer

3. clip

Benefactor

Thanks, while I understand why it was removed, I now see that my resources will get false negative reviews and there is nothing that will be done about it.... smh

4. Its a shame, hopefully they add it back sometime. Until then, best of luck!

5. MineCove

Patron

Should be removed altogether. Too many devs/consumers use the ratings system irresponsibly. While it takes the burden of staff, it's going to stress the hell out of well-intended developers, and that isn't fair. Volunteer staff shouldn't have to deal with this nonsense but neither should developers who used the report system legitimately

As a consumer I use DL #/last update/dev's rep/comments to know the quality of a plugin before I decide to use it. The ratings system can vanish and it will not hinder judgement of quality

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. md_5

Administrator Developer

False is who's opinion? There is no way to objectively determine whether or not a review is "false" and it is not our place to decide that - especially when pretty much no developer takes no for an answer. By the law of averages everyone will be affected in the same way.

As stated above you can review our reasoning here: https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/reviews.148555/page-2#post-1580018

This will not be changing in the short term.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.